Comments on Profile Post by DJHazey | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comments on Profile Post by DJHazey

1. Pecans
    Pecans
    I actually own Christina's second album, head or heart. Burning Gold is one hell of a song... and it has a stunning video. I was never a fan of Jar of Hearts but A Thousand Years blows me away, honestly.

I'm definitely planning on giving Marion Raven a listen! Do you have a main suggestions as to where I should start?
    Nov 8, 2017
    DJHazey likes this.
  2. DJHazey
    DJHazey
    The early part of her solo career was more alternative rock/post grunge (Here I Am album and Set Me Free) which are still worth a listen. I think you would love songs like "Here I Am" or "13 Days". After that, she took a long break and came back with an acoustic guitar and a more laid back folk sound. Just go right into Songs From A Blackbird and if you like that you will also like the follow ups...
    Nov 8, 2017
  3. DJHazey
    DJHazey
    ...which are both 8-track EPs Scandal Vol 1 and 2 as they all have similar sound. The opening track "Start Over" is a great introduction, but she'll really win you over with "Driving" and then "The Minute".
    Nov 8, 2017
  4. DJHazey
    DJHazey
    Christina is so underrated around here. I still remember how she stole the show for me when she opened for Demi. I cried when she did A Thousand Years, such a powerful moment. Up there with when I saw Vanessa. I have always tossed around the idea of doing a versus rate with Christina, Vanessa, and maybe Delta or another piano queen.
    Nov 8, 2017