2018 BRIT AWARDS | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 BRIT AWARDS

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Island, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Hey. I'm back.

The BRIT Awards celebrate excellence (the nominations might prove otherwise) in British Music for the year. They'll be held on February 21, 2018.

The nominees will be announced in January. Critics Choice Awards are usually announced in December.

British Male is pretty stacked this year but British Female is pretty wide open. Who will win?

2. Give everything to Little Mix

3. Give everything to Rita Ora

4. Wait yes, give everything to Rita Ora.

5. I WISH. She'll most likely be part of next year's cycle but she must be a lock for Best British Single and Video.

I could see her performing that night, too.

6. Dua is going to be nominated for everything and I can't wait. Fully expect a huge New Rules performance too.

7. The poor sis would look like a deer in the headlights on a stage as big as the Brits.

slaybellz likes this.
  8. 2014

2014 Moderator

Ddddd so I could be going to it this year if our store wins a competition over Christmas, as HMV/Fopp have a table there every year - and we can go to the after party! I'm desperate to win ngl.

9. Dua for best video, female, album, single etc.

10. Imma do predictions

British Male
    Ed Sheeran
    Sam Smith
    George Michael
    Stormzy
    Rag n Bone Man

Spoilers: Harry Styles, Liam Gallagher, Sampha, Calvin Harris

British Female:
    Dua Lipa
    Paloma Faith
    Jessie Ware
    Laura Marling
    Rita Ora (???)

Rita's album isn't out this year so I'd assume if she releases next year that she'd put her name in for next year.

British Breakthrough:
    Again, nobody really broke through this year besides Dua.

Dua Lipa
    Mabel
    Stefflon Don
    Sampha
    Loyle Carner

I assume Critic's Choice is between Mabel, Stefflon Don, and RAY BLK... if they don't count mixtapes as albums.

British Group:
    The xx
    Alt-J
    Elbow
    Kasabian
    Wolf Alice

Spoilers: Little Mix, Royal Blood, London Grammar, Clean Bandit

Album:
    Stormzy
    Sampha
    Ed Sheeran
    The xx
    Sam Smith

Spoilers: Alt-J, Liam Gallagher, Dua (?), Paloma (??), Rag N Bone Man (???), Harry Styles (????), Jessie Ware (lol)

Slice of Life, Robert and slaybellz like this.
  11. After the pretty much universal praise for MASSEDUCTION, I'd love to see St. Vincent get a well deserved Best International Female nod.

12. Is Annie Lennox presenting?

13. I imagine Lorde and Lana will be included in that line up and it will truly be the battle of the Alt-Girls ft. Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift/P!nk.

MusicLover11 and Robert like this.
  14. 2014

2014 Moderator

Considering the absolute mess they made of the International Female category last year (not even reading out all the nominees...smh) I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled it altogether; it would be nice if they gave a nod to Ariana though, but it would probably go to Taylor.

15. Are they planning on robbing Little Mix of best group again?

diamondliam and Florencia. like this.
  16. Steps is taking their spot xx

Santi319 likes this.
  17. 2 years in a row they've pimped Little Mix out in their promo so I'll be surprised if they haven't roped them in for something.

18. I can't at the best case scenario being 8 performances 6 of which will be males.

19. Nnñ mess. I can see Dua and Rita possibly performing. Paloma, too.

20. Watch Ed Sheeran win everything.