2018 PyeongChang Olympics | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 PyeongChang Olympics

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Dec 6, 2017.

1. 6 out of 9 so far. 7 if you include the Dutch-born Ted-Jan Bloemen who represents Canada.

Sprockrooster and Empty Shoebox like this.
  2. So is the Slopestyle course in Pyeongchang just REALLY hard or were weather conditions to blame for the Women's Final being a total mess? Of the 26 riders (there were so many because the weather caused them to cancel the qualifying event) I'd be shocked if more than 10 of them got in a clean run.

Its no one's fault, obviously, but its a bummer that one of my favorite events was such a shambles.

3. I'm not mad, just impressed.

Wind was up to something like 60km/h.

4. Watching Chloe Kim win her snowboarding gold tonight was so inspiring. I thought there was no chance she’d live up to all the hype so I was shocked she really did.

Also discovering Chris Mazdzer has been the most joyous moment of this Olympics for me thus far.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

He, Mr Blonde, Remorque and 8 others like this.

5. Moment is at 3:18

I loved Mirai performance.
    I couldn't help but get emotional seeing her so happy.

lushLuck, Floppie and Vasilios like this.
  6. Netherlands is so dominant now in long track speed skating that it's getting boring. What happened to the other superpowers in this sport (Canada, USA, Germany, Russia, Japan)?
    I don't like when a country single-handedly dominates one sports that it turns the Olympics and World championships into their second national championships. I can only imagine what a yawn might have been all those USSR/GDR podiums back in the day.

ThighHighs and Sprockrooster like this.
  7. I can definitely see it become boring. It almost feels at a loss when we do not have gold instead of appreciating the silver or bronze.

But most of all I am proud. Especially as I do not know how to speed skate.

8. Maame Biney was eliminated in the round of 16 today. Sad, but still so exciting for her to make it this far! Can't wait to see her in another 4 years!

9. I don't know, but I'm interested to see what the Americans offer as an excuse this time.
    If I recall, they blamed their suits in Sochi, as if they were telling them to do zero training at the correct altitude or something.

10. Yeah, I noticed how unusual it is that NBC hasn't been pushing speed skating as a primetime event this year and I figured it's because Americans aren't very good at it right now. Sucks because it's always one of my favorite winter sports to watch.

11. The men's luge was on Saturday morning when I was having my breakfast, so it caught my interest, and I ended up watching BBC's coverage for about 6 hours on/off. I never thought I'd get that into speed skating or snowboarding.

lushLuck likes this.
  12. Yes our underdog. No podium till this victory ...

upload_2018-2-13_20-41-21.jpeg

But my family and me had so much sympathy for Felix Loch. We felt for him. We all (including David Gleirscher) would have been happy with silver as well ...

But we were really happy for Marcel Hirscher today. Our superstar who has been dominating alpine skiing for years won his first olympic gold-medal at last!

upload_2018-2-13_20-51-50.jpeg

Two gold medals for Austria!

Yes.

(Now I am in the right thread :-) )

13. I turned on the BBC again, only to hear this:

So, it's not all bad.

He, Serg., ThighHighs and 2 others like this.
  14. In case you were wondering where that GIF came...

15. I wasn't going to watch the women's luge, because they use the lower starting point, but I did and the dragon's tail continues to be lethal.

Not literally of course. A couple have been taken to the med centre, but thankfully nobody seems to have suffered any lasting harm.

16. Phew I’m having trouble keeping track of all the Canadian medals without spoiling results ahead of time.

17. For a while now it seems like Canada has put more focus on Short Track Speedskating. I’d guess they’re rebuilding the team, including getting TJ to compete for Canada instead of The Netherlands.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  18. Seeing the North Korean figure skating pair achieve a personal best while being so warmly received by the South Korean crowd is lovely. The type of moment that really makes this event special.

Serg., A&E, lushLuck and 7 others like this.
  19. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

Aww I really wish the Knierim could have done their best after how great their short program was during the team event.