2018 PyeongChang Olympics | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 PyeongChang Olympics

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Just as a heads up to everyone there is a fairly good chance (not a certainty but definitely a very real possibility) that the pairs team who win Olympic gold tomorrow are going to do so with a free program set to Christina Aguilera's "Candyman."

2. Didn't realize @BEST FICTION did pairs skating

3. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

I’m really hoping the German pairs comes through on Free.

kmn04 and Nunya B like this.
  4. [​IMG]

5. Queen of appropriate gifs.

6. Troye who?
    Olly wha?
    Josef ou est il?

7. Women's 1km speed skating was just on. Favourite after favourite flop leaving the winner to be...
    Jorien ter Mors for The Netherlands.

Say what you want, but when the Netherlands athletes keep going out and smacking records, they deserve to win as much as they can.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  8. Just watched but holy shit, Shawn White's half-pipe routine was incredible. It didn't even look real.

Laura Vanderbooben and lushLuck like this.
  9. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

I have been loving the white tiger mascot!

Not a great skate for the Knierim... or at least not great from Chris.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  10. CANDYMAN TIME!

lushLuck likes this.
  11. Aljona Savchenko finally - on her FIFTH Olympics - wins her gold medal. I'm so happy. SO, SO happy.

lushLuck, Serg., ThighHighs and 8 others like this.
  12. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

Aljona getting the gold!!! So happy for the German pair.

Nice to see the Canadian team get Bronze too.

kmn04 and ohnostalgia like this.
  13. Got up at 5:30AM to LISTEN to the second run in women's giant slalom. Hjalp

14. I’m soooo happy for the German team. And I’m quite pleased for Megan and Eric too.

MollieSwift21 likes this.
  15. Man, pairs skating was SO STRESSFUL to watch for this Canadian. Super happy for Aljona and Bruno, and of course overjoyed that Meagan and Eric took the bronze!

16. Loved watching pairs. So much talent, and the judges got it exactly right. Such a thrill to see Savchenko finally get a gold and it was richly deserved.

I wish the US could field a decent pairs team. But hey, we were shit at ice dancing for what felt like generations before we started reaching the podium, so there's always hope!

SNOWBOARD CROSS IS SO FUCKING LIT

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018 at 6:13 AM
    kmn04, ohnostalgia, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  17. I feel so left out.

Conan likes this.
  18. Wow at:
    - Mikaela Shiffrin winning the giant slalom which is not even her speciality.
    - Aljona Savchenko winning Olympic gold with Bruno Massot after trying it for ages with Robin Szolkowvy.
    - Spain getting their third ever Winter Olympic medal in snowboard with Javier Fernandez yet to compete.

19. Unless Mikaela Shiffrin gets bored of it all and decides to retire when she's 25 or has a career-altering injury, she is going to become the icon in alpine skiing. I could see her winning gold medals in both super G and downhill as well next Olympics, seeing the development she's made in those disciplines.

Laura Vanderbooben likes this.