5,6,7,RATE! the Steps Discography Rate | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5,6,7,RATE! the Steps Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Lost In Japan., Feb 4, 2018.

1. Yeah I'm not really a fan of Only in My Dreams either. It sounds a boring Step One leftover.

Fantasy, Sweet Music and JakeMagnus like this.
  2. Lyrical nonsense? I love that description. I don't mind Only In My Dreams, it's very catchy.

3. Hmmm I feel like I submitted my scores too early maybe should have given it a week or two , I don’t regret my high scores but maybe some of the low ones (no zeros though !) . I’m sure I’ll get cruzified for one low score though lol

4. I’m going to make some of my low scores lower again because I really don’t like those songs.

5. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I don't think I'll submit anything below a 5.

Fantasy, Conan and londonrain like this.
  6. 2014

2014 Moderator

Only In My Dreams was not even worthy for Allstars! Utter shit.

Fantasy and Sweet Music like this.
  7. Poor Lee, a writing credit and shafted for even a single line!

8. So I started this and it shocks me that both Step One and Steptacular didn't age ... very well. Sorry gheuwls, but don't expect a very high average from me on these. But I genuinely look forward to rate Buzz (and hopefully Tears on the Dancefloor) tonight x

9. Yath at this rate, though I do have to get into the last one.

Fantasy, DJHazey and Lost In Japan. like this.
  10. My votes are in.

The averages (bonus tracks not included):
    Step One 7.64
    Steptacular 7.11
    Buzz 6.73
    Tears On The Dancefloor 9.05

Fantasy, Uno, DJHazey and 2 others like this.
  11. I'm nearly done with my votes and commentary! Just the latest album to do.

Fantasy, DJHazey and Lost In Japan. like this.
  12. I've only done Step One. That was an experience!

Fantasy, JamieHT and Mvnl like this.
  13. I have given some songs 0 and am ready for the hate. The 0’s are justified!

14. I've sent my votes/commentary in. A few things to take from revisiting their discography:

• It's a lot patchier than I remember. Some of the b-sides/early album tracks in particular but I feel like I've always been a bigger fan of the Buzz/Tears On the Dancefloor albums.
    • I can't stand H's vocals generally.
    • I am absolutely in love with Lisa - her voice, her personality, her looks etc.
    • Claire's vocals are just heavenly.
    • Lee deserves to be the guy with the most "blocals".
    • I am probably gonna be a rate villain and hero. Honesty is the best policy.

15. God, nostalgia is really not helping with my scores on this. I'm struggling to dish out the lowest scores because songs have memories attached to them. Especially with Step One, I haven't listened to the full thing in years.

Fantasy, Seanie, idratherjack and 4 others like this.
  16. Coming down the home stretch and I have a feeling from my preliminary listening that Tears on the Dancefloor is going to dwarf these averages so stay tuned. I've also given out two 0s (both on Step One) and six 10s so far (interestingly enough two to each album).

Step One - 6.5
    Steptacular - 7.2
    Buzz - 7.4

Fantasy and idratherjack like this.
  17. I've reviewed and rated some down. I'm not going to listen again, if I do that I'll be like "NAH XYZ its a ten deffo a ten" for everything I've rated down.

Submitting now so I don't change my mind.

Rate One For Sorrow.

18. Step One is pretty patchy, some great highs but some serious lows too.

The singles were immaculately chosen however.

Seanie and HollyDunnSomething like this.
  19. Averages!

Step One: 6.363
    Steptacular: 7.035
    Buzz: 8.183 (would've been 8.596 if the album finished at Turn Around)
    Tears On The Dancefloor: 8.975
    Tears On The Dancefloor (inc. Crying at the Disco tracks): 8.566

Angeleyes, Fantasy and idratherjack like this.
  20. I gave 12 songs a lower score than Experienced.