ACE OF RATE: The Ace Of Base Discography Rate! [RESULTS: THE WINNER REVEALED] | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ACE OF RATE: The Ace Of Base Discography Rate! [RESULTS: THE WINNER REVEALED]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by AcerBenII, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Well I meant a list of the potential 11's, not just your actual 11 as that spoils all the fun.

2. Oh okay, that's easy enough. Here's mine:

Cruel Summer
    Dancer In A Daydream
    Always Have, Always Will
    Donnie
    Young And Proud

My actual 11 is pretty solid, but that's probably my Top 5.

3. Are decimals allowed and if so what are the decimals allowed?

I got into them through the radio and MTV. Original, I know. I remember the cute one in the videos.

4. These two are in my potential 11 list too.

DJHazey likes this.
  5. Ray

Ray

*deletes account, never returns*

Sprockrooster likes this.
  6. My first recollection of Ace of Base stanning is that South Park episode where there's a '90s-themed room in a museum that's blasting The Sign. I remember going "Oh yeah, that song's awesome!" and seeked it out immediately.

Edit: I just looked it up and it's actually to reaclimate someone who'd been frozen in a block of ice.

Ray, Push and iheartpoptarts like this.
  7. Back in elementary school when we all totally thought they were singing "I saw the sun". Oops.

Push likes this.
  8. As with alot of the pop I've come to love in recent years, I also didn't discover most of Ace of Base's music until a about 8 years ago or so. Don't get me wrong, I knew basically all of their major hits from my childhood. I was in some second-hand shop one day and Cruel Summer played, that literally sparked my interest as I thought to myself "Wow, I really have always loved this song and should dive into their material soon." Later that week, I went over to my parent's house and they had a box of items they had gotten from garage sales. I saw the Cruel Summer CD and asked if I could have it. I haven't looked back since.

tylerc904 and Push like this.
  9. Sorry, forgot to mention.. you can have half points

10. Aw, no Golden Ratio??

Excited to stan for my unconventional favs Captain Nemo & Moment of Magic.

Also, I got into them back in like 95-96. Full House using The Sign, Beautiful Life being on the Night at the Roxbury soundtrack which my mom played a lot, and having the All That She Wants cassingle. They sort of dropped off my radar until I started collecting music in the late 2000's and I finally got all their albums.

11. I expected the Hidden Gems to be a load of crappy demos, but it's actually really good.

12. Yeah 5 of them are actually previously released B-sides, and some of the rest sound pretty much finished. Couple of them could've been tidied up a bit better before release. Some of the tracks I suspect were left off not because they weren't good enough but because they were too similar to another song on the tracklist.

E.g. "Go Go Go" is very similar to "Change With The Light".. had to be one not both

13. Mercy Mercy 4 Lyfe.

VivaForever likes this.
  14. I remember Hidden Gems sounding very polished, I was pleasantly surprised with that aspect...however I don't remember anything really grabbing my attention too much. I'm happy to give it another shot with this rate.

15. Go Go Go does sound very similar to a couple Da Capo tracks. Make My Day and Moment of Magic are light, fluffy bops. Into the Night of Blue was always too good to be a b-side. They left off the fabulous Love for Sale but included No Good Lover which was a disappointment!

16. Love For Sale was added on to the deluxe remastered edition of The Bridge released shortly before Hidden Gems. I forgot to mention that's why that's under The Bridge on first page. Seems it was originally recorded then, and only released as a Flowers B-side. Though we do know that Love For Sale was presented to labels for consideration for Flowers - so either Jonas has forgotten when he recorded it, or it was just floating about for ages.

Moogoperator, Kings And Queens and L'amour were released on the deluxe remastered albums as well.

17. One of the Hidden Gems sounded exactly like Beautiful Life as well.

The Bridge remains a huge disappointment for me - the tracks that got cut were needed to give it a kick. It's stuck somewhere between wake and slumber, undecided if it's in a dream or at 'da club'.

18. I'm afraid I'm not going to have any of my favorites in the Top 10 because none of their big hits are my ultimate favorites to me, bar one. It'll be interesting to see if that's the case though.

19. Ray

Ray

Hidden Gems is pretty awesome! Didn't see that coming.

20. Yeah The Bridge is so uneven. So many sleepy mood pieces. I do love Strange Ways and that amazing sample/Marrakesh vibe.