Ad on Desktop prevents scrolling/typing? | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ad on Desktop prevents scrolling/typing?

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by xOJakeXo, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Over the last few days, I've noticed an ad that appears on the right rail of an individual board, and after the first post on a new page of a thread that prevents me from scrolling. The ad essentially anchors you to it and you can't scroll past it without x'ing out.

Not sure if it's related, but it also seems the add prevents you from typing in the reply box. I start typing, but the cursor disappears and I have to click back into the input to be able to type again, only to have it continue to do that until the ad disables itself.

...Ugh.

Alouder98 likes this.
  2. This is happening to me on mobile with these Ford video ads. Thankfully you can at least X them out.

3. Oh is THAT the reason? I've noticed that typing problem on a couple of my devices too.

Jeffo and xOJakeXo like this.
  4. It mainly presents an issue for me when I'm posting on mobile. The ad is exactly where it's being stated to be, after about one post on a new page. When you scroll down to view posts, it keeps bringing you back up to the top of the page automatically.

Matty_up likes this.