Alexandra Stan - General Thread | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alexandra Stan - General Thread

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sexercise, Feb 12, 2016.

1. I honestly dislike both versions because it's the vocal I don't like, not the instrumental.

2. New basic bop:

Kind of The Chainsmokers-esque, but less offensive to my sensitive ears.

3. The Like A Virgin cover is actually really enjoyable - it's at the top of my playlist right now and I don't see it shifting. For the next album I think she needs to work on keeping her Japanese popularity secured, though.

4. RMK

RMK

Is it wrong that songs from Saxobeats have been on my gym playlist since January? (Get Back, Crazy, Bittersweet, Show me The Way)

5. Unlocked is one of my favourite album what the even, Dance is great, so is Little Lies, Cherry Pop, Kiss Me Goodbye etc

alejandrusco likes this.
  6. Cherry Pop was a step in the right direction and then everything fizzled out...

7. New bop with an awesome video.

RMK likes this.
  8. Another one:

RMK and Pecans like this.
  9. I like the new song but she needs to work on keeping Japan interested.

Noir likes this.
  10. ├▒nn she probably thinks her colourful fashion is enough to keep them perch't?

RMK and Pecans like this.
  11. RMK

RMK

Cherry Pop was dated but a shameless bop, especially after that video. Dance was a cheap bop, Unlocked was filled with 7/10s. Whats going on here now?

It low-key seems like she's trying to be Inna.

12. She put out another album after Unlocked. It's called Alesta. Some solid bops here and there, including the properly iconic Inna collabo, but otherwise very low key compared to what she was doing previously. These days she's well into new album territory, with Noi 2 being the second single off it.

13. RMK

RMK

Oh, I'm a stan. I have all her music, but she's been bouncing around with sound for awhile. It looks like since Alesta she's settled in but I wish she made more songs like 'I Did It Mama' or 'Little Lies'. Bigger songs.

Noir likes this.
  14. I really like it when she goes for the second hand Rihanna meets 90s eurobop vibe. Boy Oh Boy, 9 Lives, Give Me Your Everything and Kiss Me Goodbye (B O P!!!) are all pretty amazing.

RMK likes this.
  15. "Noi 2" is a bop.

Noir likes this.

16. Love this.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  17. Gosh, I used to like Mr. Saxobeat.

I thought she just had one song out and that was it. Now I see she's had albums. Any good?

RMK likes this.
  18. RMK

RMK

Her first album is very... Mr. Saxobeat 1-10 but still good nonetheless. She then has 'Unlocked' and 'Alesta' which venture past Saxophones.

Her singles chronology is where it's at:
    - Get Back (ASAP)
    - Lemonade
    - Cliche (Hush Hush) *
    - All My People
    - Cherry Pop
    - Dance
    - Give Me Your Everything
    - Vanilla Chocolat
    - We Wanna
    - I Did It Mama *
    - Balans
    - 9 Lives
    - Boy Oh Boy

Also in terms of album tracks:
    - Crazy (sometimes titled 'Energy pending on country)
    - Kiss Me Goodbye
    - Little Lies
    - Alone

spillett likes this.
  19. I love the Japanese bonus tracks from Unlocked - "Digital" and "Zoom Zoom"; they're cute and catchy.

RMK likes this.
  20. "Alone" from "Alesta" is absolutely essential.