All Important Single Edits On CD | Page 114 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All Important Single Edits On CD

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by simes1970, Sep 11, 2013.

1. I have the UK 7 inch single with the label that says 4:10 I timed the song at approximately 4:27, the real 7" version does not include the engine noises and goes straight into the song but is definitely longer than 4:10.

stecov likes this.
  2. I don't own them, but from browsing Discogs it appears to be 4.26 on a couple of Time Life compilations.

3. I made a vinyl rip and posted it to YouTube

phoenix123 likes this.
  4. There seem to be so many of these unique UK single Edits from the 80s (from some quite big hits) that have been consigned to obscurity because they've never been made available on CD/digitally.

5. I can confirm this UK 7" version of 'Get Outta My Dreams' is definitely on the Telstar CD from 1988 'The Greatest Hits Of 1988'. It would seem that judging on other YouTube videos the U.S. 7" single was the 4:45 mix, this may also be the case for some European countries. The official video mix is yet another slightly different version.

phoenix123 likes this.
  6. Thanks! I have The Greatest Hits of 88!

Vasilios and Eric Generic like this.
  7. It's a must just for Harry Enfield's 'Loadsamoney'

8. Can someone confirm that the 7" edit of 'Stop To Love' by Luther Vandross is actually 4:08, the video version is longer by about 20 seconds.

9. I timed my 45 of Stop To Love at 4.22.

Incidentally, still with Luther, the 3.59 on the label of I Really Didn't Mean It is way out. It's actually 4.26.

And his 1989 hit She Won't Talk To Me can only be found on a US promo CD single.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Deborah X likes this.
  10. Excellent that was the answer I was hoping for re Stop To Love and it's good to know I Really Didn't Mean It isn't so elusive.

I made my own single edit of She Won't Talk To Me just by cutting off the first 15 seconds of the LP version.

11. Bleu Noir likes this.
  12. Anyone know of a CD that has Josephine (live) on it by Shakin Stevens, as it appears on his 1982 EP "Shakin Stevens EP". I fear it may be vinyl only. Track 1 was of course Blue Christmas of which there are 2 different versions on CD. The correct 45 version being on The Christmas Album (Warner GTV), with no backing vocal around 0.10

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  13. Possibly not the right place, but I have a Cathy Dennis question I'd like to ask.
    Does the T.V Mix of "Just Another Dream" from the original 7" release differ much from the Danny D 7" Edit, folks?

14. A T.V. Mix is normally another name for Instrumental with backing vocals, so I would assume it's the Danny D 7'' Edit without lead vocals.

15. I was just comparing my 7" of 'Beat Dis' by Bomb The Bass to the versions I have on CD, the UK 7" mix is 3:34 in length when all the versions I have are around about 3:25. The difference being a sample of 'The Good, The Bad And The Ugly' at 2:27 on the 7" version. Does anyone know if this version is available on CD anywhere? I know the German single version is 4:00 long with the sample included and the US version has a lot of samples replaced.

16. I don't think it's on any CD. You'd have to recreate it by editing the 12" which has the sample remaining on an album called Extended 80s.

17. Thanks that's exactly what I was thinking I would have to do, I have the Extended Dis version on a number of CDs all with that sample included. I can't believe it took me 30 years to notice. I can't believe it was 30 years ago that song came out.

Eric Generic likes this.
  18. I don't have that CD, but if it's any use as a comparison, the 7" mix on the original CD single plays just a fraction over 3.42. There's a second of silence at the start which I've removed for timing purposes.

Eric Generic likes this.