Allie X - 'CollXtion II' | Page 115 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allie X - 'CollXtion II'

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Noir, Feb 4, 2014.

1. I wasn't sure how I felt about a feature on the project but I never expected Need You to be my absolute fav. It's atmosphere is a space where dark violet permeates the air. The middle-8 is genuinely heartbreaking. The vocoder is oddly affecting. Just a lovely mood piece.

2. It took me a lil while, but I absolutely love Paper Love now.

Still waiting for the album to be up for streaming.

Lander, Island and RUNAWAY like this.
  3. It's so gorgeous. The opening lyrics hit me hardest - so simple, but devastating.

Hey
    Where'd you go?

Hey
    Why'd you leave?

Lander, RUNAWAY, Jersey and 2 others like this.
  4. This is very good.

Can someone change the thread title to Paper Love + COLLXTION II?

collxtion likes this.
  5. I'm so addicted to Paper love ! this son is just a masterpiece !

6. I could, but that would be so 2011.

Lander, Island and TRAVVV like this.
  7. OK, this album is incredible.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  8. In the meantime let's imagine that in an alternative universe there are twin Allie X doppelgangers with some crazier fashion choices.

Oh...

Noir likes this.
  9. What about the exact same thing but the music is good?

10. So... The Veronicas?

rfx and Noir like this.
  11. I know it's been said, but it has not been and never will have been said enough: Need You is the one. Absolutely devastating, while still bopping just enough. If it doesn't break your heart you don't have one.

Andy French, Jersey and Glitterizer like this.
  12. True Love Is Violent is the only bore, to be honest.

13. I like "Paper Love" but would it have killed her to include a middle eight and third chorus? It sounds kind of unfinished as it is.

Blob likes this.
  14. I absolutely adore "Vintage" - it's one of the best things she's ever done.

And I might be in the minority but I prefer the new version of "Old Habits".

ELECTRAHEARTPOP and aleksssa like this.
  15. I'm almost certain the point was to make it a song that begs for repeated plays. It's kind of working for me, and I almost never play the song twice in a row.

16. I wasn't aware the album was put out there in the ether. Omg. I feel like im going to be disappointed.

Edit:
    This is the same problem Gaga had when she performed ARTPOP songs at the iTunes fest and then made changes for the final version... You start to miss the way the songs used to sound. But I enjoy this so far. I wish Purge got a finished up version though & All the Rage & Too Much to Dream was on here because I really adore those songs

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  17. Agreed. It would have made a much better closer, True Love Is Violent is nothing special.

18. Do we have any explanation as why the first few seconds of Paper Love are Kiss From A Rose? It's so weird.

TRAVVV and willyeverman like this.
  19. I can't believe they finally fixed their eyebrows. This is a bop.

MyNameIsNO likes this.
  20. I won’t be able to unhear this, will I?

Vasilios likes this.