Aly & AJ - Third Album | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aly & AJ - Third Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Plethorya, May 5, 2016.

1. Aly and AJ are back in the studio together! I hope this isn't too early, but I cannot wait! One of my favorite Disney exports for sure.
    (and glad that the 78violet name was a one-off...)
    I'd link some relevant tweets, Instagram posts or pictures, but I have no idea how to do that. So in the meantime, check out Aly & AJ's twitter. They seem as excited about this as I am!

DJHazey and xtophermorrison like this.
  2. Insomniatic was one of my favorite albums in the mid 00s. I liked Hothouse but I want them to go back to their sparkly bubbly pop. Hope something comes of it. I hope they stay indie.

DJHazey likes this.
  3. Here for a Potential Breakup Song 2.0. I also still play Like Whoa every once in a while. I feel so embarrassed when I get caught listening, but it's pop gold.

Unfortunately I don't know if they have much of a fanbase left.

nick_au and DJHazey like this.
  4. The Beatles hewwwwwwwwwwww?

TRAVVV likes this.
  5. They've got me, at least! I'll keep my grassroots campaign going!
    They may only have a few albums, but they are qua-li-ty. Into the Rush is pop perfection, and Insomniatic honestly seems like some exceptionally strong pop-punk masterpiece to me. (Obviously heavier on the pop than the punk, but I stand by my statement)

6. Aly & AJ, song for song, are actually my all-time favorite Disney artist (even over Selegend). I was so happy when they changed their name back. I hope this is really happening! I've heard some of the unreleased stuff from the 78Violet era and it as amazing. I do think they could pull off a mature pop-rock album quite well, but I don't know if it would sell.

7. Totally here for that!

8. I'm seeing they are working with Mike Elizondo, who worked with Tegan and Sara on Heartthrob (apparently just the bonus tracks)...this makes me super excited! The girls have been compared to T&S before, so this is actually really perfect.

Mvnl likes this.
  9. They just need to stay away from a major record label. They should go the Alexz Johnson route in terms of releasing records.

10. Here for it. Insomniatic remains one of my favourite records ever! Can't believe it's been almost 9 years.

DJHazey likes this.
  11. Hothouse is low key excellent. They're 3 for 3 in my book.

Another Flattery please.

Island, Shockbox, Jersey and 3 others like this.
  12. Me and one of my friends were obsessed with 'Insomniatic' in high school. I quite liked Hothouse and its odd, incestuous-sisters-kill-a-guy-overtone filled video. I never did manage to find the leaked "third album" despite searching high and low for it.

DJHazey likes this.
  13. I have it, I guess, if you're talking about 9 leaked songs?

14. Yeah, that must be it; I guess 9 could've been an album... in the 80s.

15. I mean, Natalie Prass' was nine songs. Basically eight- Reprise is just a spoken word version of Your Fool. I'd want more from Aly & AJ of course, but that'd be true no matter how long the album was. It could be thirty tracks, I'd still be searching for outtakes.

16. Loved their last album!
    This is exciting.
    Loved this song :

17. It hasn't worked that well for Alexz though, has it? Her career has gone nowhere and hit a bit of a dead end when she chose to keep self-releasing. So I can understand them wanting to sign but they should try and search for a good indie label.

Hothouse is my favourite album by them. Close to a 10/10 for me. The production is just so lush and pretty. I think David Kahne did an excellent job forming a soundscape for the record, there's so many details in songs like 15.5 that are just orgasmic to these ears.

18. What are you talking about? Their Hothouse album was released?

And while Alexz's career hasn't sky rocketed, she's been able to release albums pretty consistently post-Instant Star/Epic. She just released a collaboration project late last month.

19. The whole Hothouse album leaked a while ago.

Alexz's reliance on crowdfunding turned me off of her, especially when the prizes weren't the best and she delayed her album for two years without an explanation. Not to mention the final product...wasn't the best. Didn't she recently have a failed Kickstarter too? I think she thinks she can rely on her fans for easy money and give them mediocrity in return. I did like the collab project though.

20. Oh, I had no idea their album leaked!

I don't really follow Alexz that closely. I just know that she's been pretty consistent with releasing music.

I think the last crowdsourced project she did was a movie though, and if I recall correctly, it was a success?