American Music Awards 2017 | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Music Awards 2017

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by imperialsteroid, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Another snoozefest I'll pass and only watch Miss Ross on youtube.

lushLuck likes this.
  2. More performers announced: Gaga, Hailee Steinfeld, Zedd, watt (?), P!nk, Shawn Mendes, Alessia Cara, Khalid, Florida Georgia Line, Niall Horan, Imagine Dragons, Nick Jonas, and Portugal. The Man.

3. Bop

lushLuck, Subwaykid and Rem like this.
  4. I can't believe I'm gonna watch this trainwreck of an awards show solely because of BTS and Gaga. Not even because of Khalid as well, because it's not a solo performance.

5. Out of the 69 nominees for non-male/female categories, only 5 include women, and 2 of those are "Chainsmokers feat. Halsey". That leaves Julia Michaels, Shakira and Lauren "Contemporary Inspirational" Daigle. 3 out of 69, ie 4.3%...

I know award shows are usually bad for women but this must be a new low.

Ashling92, lushLuck and Cathal like this.
  6. I honestly don't know how I would've ever heard this song.

7. God the performance lineup is incredible though...

Kelly Clarkson
    Christina Aguilera
    Imagine Dragons
    Demi Lovato
    Lady Gaga
    Nick Jonas
    Khalid
    P!nk
    Hailee Steinfeld

And Selena, if we must. That is quite fucking decent on balance!

8. Dd, this is the most phoned in music video I’ve ever seen, but bop

sexercise likes this.
  9. Is this a Hollister commercial?

But, yeah, Let Me Bop, Let Me Go to #1, Let Me God, etc.

10. Hot take: with Ariana Grande being the reigning Artist of the Year and Carly Rae Jepsen once winning Best New Artist over 1D...are the AMAs the best and most accurate award show, despite being fake?

[​IMG]

11. youre certainly not wrong [​IMG]

Laura Vanderbooben likes this.
  12. This should actually just be boycotted entirely, the lack of female nominees is complete horseshit.

13. Kelly, Christina, Gaga, and Pink are the only performances I care about. I hope Pink and Kelly's performance will be as memorable as this:

lushLuck and SyPOPhantic like this.
  14. It is kinda weird how few female nominees there are and yet these awards shows still rely on pop girl performances, and the attendant fashion articles that go with it, for promotion.

lushLuck likes this.