America's Next Top Model | Page 55 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

America's Next Top Model

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Big Bang, Aug 3, 2013.

1. The episode was nice! I really like Jeana, Rio, and Erin.

The show definitely needs Tyra - like she said, this is her baby, but also, the show just feels right with her. I think I stopped watched in 2007/2008, so it's weird to get back into, but nostalgic all the same. I'm into it!
    stuaw and lushLuck like this.
  2. Eva the Diva didn't even make top 60.
    lushLuck likes this.
  3. Exactly.
    constantino likes this.
  4. I’ve had to Google to know most of their names but on first impressions I really like Jeana, Coura, Sandra (HOW CAN SOMEONE BE THAT BEAUTIFUL?), Rio and Maggie.

Liz and Christina need to actually follow through and bring the drama, I do like their looks though. The drama was teased in this episode so let’s hope it’s an interesting Cycle.

Also, I loved Erin! I’m not one for sob stories or even blatant “support the underdog” story arcs but you couldn’t help but want to cheer for her. I was kind of surprised by what happened even though it was pretty obvious. A very lovely and genuine feel-good moment, a rarity in this show.
  5. I liked the dresses used for the photoshoot and runway show. It looks they have a bigger budget for this cycle compare to cycle twenty three. The top model house looks good as well.

I am happy that Tyra is back. I can't wait to see her make things about herself again. She was 15 you know when she started modeling so there's 15 finalists for this season. Though I wish she would stop calling herself Ty Ty.
    stuaw, lushLuck and phily693 like this.
  6. I didn't realize how much I missed Tyra's delusion. I really enjoyed last season, but the premiere was such a breath of fresh air with Tyra back.
  7. No but really, who is she? I can't find the promo image with names attached!
  8. I’m pretty sure it’s Maggie. She looks so different in the promo shot!
    HollyDunnSomething likes this.
  9. Uno

Yeah it is Maggie. She looks very Latina in that promo shot - nothing like she does in motion.
  10. Liz is everything
    Xanax likes this.
  11. 'I started modelling when I was 15...and you are number 15!!'

I missed you, Tyra.
    stuaw, ElectricPlatypus, Joe. and 4 others like this.
  12. Is Maggie the "homegirl" one?
  13. Yes. No idea why she's trying to make that a thing.
  14. That really was a stretch from Tyra, I did laugh.
  15. I feel like the one judge (Drew?) is trying so hard to be Mr. Jay during the photo shoots. It’s not working, though I did like his jacket during casting.

I loved Erin, so the little surprise ending with her getting to stay was a nice touch.

The whole Christina drama (“I’m a moooddeelll”) seemed so fake to me, but I know they’re setting her up to be so messy, so I’m here for it.
  16. CoryAnn from last Cycle commented on one of my Instagram posts from like 2 years ago and I don’t even follow her. Like how did she even find me? Why that photo (it’s of a building)?

As someone who is not a big social media user, nor have I ever met any of the contestants or judges, I’m more than excited by this and the CariDee reply last year.

It’s clearly a sign from Tyra for me to apply next Cycle.
  17. That is so random. Did you hashtag it?
  18. Like the 5 most bland hashtags ever. Things like #france #newhome so I really don’t get it.

Imagine if she had been following your rate!!!
  19. Uno

Brendi K reminds me of Renee from S8 - I really do not like her. I do feel bad for her situation but I really don’t want to hear it every 30 seconds. I thought her photo (and Maggie’s) was great though and probably should not have been in the bottom 2.

Overall wasn’t the most exciting episode but I think there are still too many girls left so we’re not getting much of everyone’s personality yet.

Liz and Coura remain my favorites, but I don’t think Liz will be lasting much longer.
  20. CoryAnn liked my picture too last year... well it was a picture of Courtney and me saying that she was my favourite.
    phily693 likes this.