Anxiety | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DreamlessNights, Nov 15, 2015.

1. You are not alone. And weirdly I also started about 18 months ago and they never did the 'newbies' drinks they promised.

Conan and Solenciennes like this.
  2. I would have done exactly the same, I can't just say no to anything at all even though in my head I am all 'THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I AM GOING, OMG!!!!!'

Solenciennes likes this.
  3. Anyone ever had their anxiety lead to them having cold feet? I'm not talking 'cold feet' as in hesitant about doing something, I'm talking about cold feet in the literal sense. I was having anxious thoughts about a pain in my calf and then the next day my feet felt cold and I think it was related to the anxious thoughts I was having.

Also, I don't know if this is the case with anyone else but I think our minds make us feel symptoms that aren't really there if we struggle with health anxiety.

4. That's weird, my feet are always cold, but assumed it was due to circulation or something.

The only physical effects I ever feel revolve around excessive bathroom-needage and maybe nausea over the worst offenders (long haul flights at an early hour).

DJHazey likes this.
  5. My anxiety has increased somewhat recently, and it seems to have brought some severe low mood with it. I’ve been irritated all week and then felt like I was gonna cry a few times at work today over relatively minor things. Now I’m having awful thoughts convincing myself something bad is gonna happen to me... Sucks.

6. ^ Sending positive thoughts.

I think most of us can relate to everything in this thread in some form.

Shopping in town at this time of year is hell, I had to crunch my fingers into my palms to cope with the masses of people.

Lander likes this.
  7. I hate December, it just throws me off kilter. Anyone else feel that way?

8. I love it but in a way it does remind you that you are probably single and a precursor for that damn valentine's day.

9. I meant from an anxiety perspective... like it fucks me up. I don't really care about being single or whatever.

10. I bought a lamp from IKEA a few months ago that has gives the impression of the light 'hovering' mid air behind frosted glass, and it has done me so good this winter, I haven't felt so depressed about the dark nights and short days. I don't think it's an SAD lamp as such, but it's worked out wonderfully well.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  11. Could you help a girl out with a link?

12. Anxiety and panic attacks are really kicking my arse at the moment.

13. I really relate to a lot of the stuff you posted, and I'm so sorry you're going through that because I know first hand how crippling it is.

I recently started a new job which made me feel very vulnerable and anxious. My main issue with my anxiety is being in public alone, especially on public transport. I have an issue when I feel like I'm not in control, so any situation where I have to rely on others makes me actually sick to my stomach

ohnostalgia and Lander like this.
  14. Public transport used to be one of my worst triggers, I think by using it so regularly I managed to dispel it somewhat.

Sensor likes this.
  15. Nearly had a complete freakout in the supermarket today. Too many people, too much Christmas, complete claustrophobia. FUCK this time of year.

16. How are things going on the maybe moving front?

17. Scattergun at present, but still hoping it can happen.