Arcade Fire - 5th Studio Album | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcade Fire - 5th Studio Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by michaelhird, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Thought I would start a thread as it has been reported that a tour could be happening in 2017.

So realistically an album could be coming by the years end. I don't even want anything specifically from them, they absolutely floored me with 'Reflektor' so whatever they release I know I am just going to love.

Also determined to see them live this time around after missing out on the last tour.

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/62777-arcade-fire-tour-appears-to-be-in-the-works-for-2017/

AlmostFamous and Kyle. like this.
  2. I've been a fan since 2005 (ugh I'm old). I went to their Suburbs tour- it's amazing when you're all singing the big hits together like Rebellion and Wake Up.

I wonder which direction they'll go for Album 5? I've liked all of their albums and evolutions. My favourite song, however, will always be Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains).

Kuhleezi, Kyle., LTG and 5 others like this.
  3. I just need this album to be better than Reflektor. That was a solid album but for the best contemporary band recording music, it was disappointing.

4. SMG

SMG

So here for this. Wasn't a fan until Reflektor (which I love), and then slowly fell in love with them. Their set at Glastonbury was amazing.

michaelhird likes this.
  5. RJF

RJF

I'm ready. I saw their show as The Reflektors in a tiny Glasgow venue where everyone had been asked to dress to the nines (It was even printed on the ticket!) and it was one of the best nights of my life. Win came into the audience during "Sprawl II" and walked right past me banging a cow bell. Bought a top hat off eBay for £3 and lost it the same night. I'll remember it forever.

Kuhleezi, LTG, Vasilios and 3 others like this.
  6. Funeral is still my favorite thing they've done. Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) never fails to reduce me to tears.

RJF, ohnostalgia and Eric Generic like this.
  7. It's interesting to read that so many people became fans after Reflektor. It took me a while to warm up to that album, but I see its charms now. Also you'll have an unsullied view of Neon Bible, which was seen by many as a flop when it was released. People at my concert even yelled at the band when they played songs from it.

Eric Generic and RJF like this.
  8. RJF

RJF

I've been a fan since the beginning when Funerals came into my little teenage life like a revelation.

TheDangerZone likes this.
  9. I thought I was such a cool and hip 15 year old. I was pretty pretentious though.

10. RJF

RJF

What teenager isn't?

LTG, Eric Generic and ohnostalgia like this.
  11. Hope there's a new album coming soon. I'm still here for all of Funeral and Sprawl II. Reflektor was ok but I felt the concept might have driven the music a little too much.

12. I remember hearing about those little gigs they did, weren't they before they had released the album? What venue were you in? And how did you get tickets? I bet it was INSANE! A bit like 'Here Comes The Night Time' video..?

RJF likes this.
  13. RJF

RJF

I was in the Barrowlands on the first night of it. I got there just in time for the gig, but they were apparently wandering around the venue with the massive papier-maché heads taking photos with fans. I wish I hadn't pre-drank so late when I found out. One of my friends went the next night, where they "reflected" the setlist and played it in reverse instead, although I think I got the better end of the deal since my show ended with "Wake Up" as opposed to starting with it.

I got tickets by being a fucking ninja. It was limited to two per order, and two of my friends failed getting them... But I had my Tickets Scotland tab still open and an order still hanging in the balance (I had abandoned it when Ticketmaster came through.) and managed to get four, thus saving the day.

The gig was... amazing. I've never been to anything like it, and probably never will again.

Bobbyrae and ohnostalgia like this.
  14. I only really love Funeral and Neon Bible. I hope they return to the cathedral where they locked themselves up and recorded Neon Bible. That album is amazing.

Eric Generic likes this.
  15. So it probably won't happen for awhile, but I did technically sign up to run an Arcade Fire rate today. Hoping we can get more than 5 people!

TheDangerZone likes this.
  16. The first Arcade Fire song I fell in love with was Rococo. I love when their songs wrap you up in their melancholy and sad melodies. We Exist was another highlight from them and I wouldn't mind if they would explore this electronic rock direction a little bit more.

JonBcn likes this.
  17. I want this to be brilliant but Reflektor left a really bad taste in my mouth. I've got a soft spot for Neon Bible as that was my entry point, but song for song Funeral and The Suburbs are their highpoints.

JonBcn and Jonathan27 like this.
  18. I think Neon Bible is their magnum opus and Funeral is also high on my favourites. The suburbs is a bit of a hit and miss for me. Reflektor is their worst and I wish they will not follow through on that!

19. Arcade Fire is one of the acts high up on my concert bucket list next to Kanye so I'm really looking forward to that

All of their albums are perfect to me

20. RJF

RJF

What's everyone's problem with Reflektor? I thought it was a spectacular album. The title track, "Afterlife", "It's Never Over", "Here Comes The Night Time", "Supersymmetry"... All fantastic tracks. There's nothing bad on it. There's never really anything bad on their albums.

Fernandow and SMG like this.