Arcade Fire - 5th Studio Album | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcade Fire - 5th Studio Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by michaelhird, Jan 7, 2016.

1. My personal highlight is We Don't Deserve Love. I'm enjoying the album but I'm not surprised by the absolute hyperbole from some music critics and fans. I still remember the people who hated Neon Bible and had to let everyone know it.

Terminus likes this.
  2. It's definitely their weakest album for me, & some of the songs are truly below what they are capable of, but then I hear a song like Put Your Money On Me & fall in love all over again.

3. The title track reminds an absolute highlight and in a few weeks I know it'll be the reason that I've fully delved into their back catalogue.

Also the thread title girls, please.

Stuart and ohnostalgia like this.
  4. I'm glad I couldn't find this thread earlier when I wanted to bitch about the album being boring, because I quite like it now. "Signs of Life" has one of the best hooks they've ever done. It's still probably my least favorite album of theirs, but that's only because the others are so incredible. Especially "The Suburbs," which always reduces me to an emotional wreck.

On another note, I just bought tickets to see them for the first time this fall, which is exciting.

5. I absolutely love this album from beginning to end. Neon Bible remains my favourite, but this is wonderful.

6. The album would probably be better if they hadn't released all the amazing tracks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  7. I'm fine with it and know I'll enjoy it a hell of a lot more when listening to it during a good road trip or something than whilst listening to it at my desk at work.

What's with the abrupt end to Everything Now (Continued)? On Spotify it literally cuts off. Giving me Stranger Things tees.

8. It doesn't end abruptly if you listen to the whole album on repeat. #infinitecontent

AlmostFamous likes this.
  9. Probably a daft question, but there isn't any difference in content between the "Night" and "Day" versions on CD, is there?

10. None!

11. Haha, thanks, I thought there might not be. Opted for the "night" sleeve version. I think they did this multiple choice sleeves with The Suburbs.

WhipperSnapper and Hitchcock like this.
  12. It's ironic that their sanctimonious sleeve critiques consumer culture by giving each song a logo when they offered, what, a dozen different bundles (day, night, cassette, etc....)? Every iteration of the album has exactly the same mediocre (infinite) content.

Stradiwhovius and Eric Generic like this.
  13. Don't forget the tote bag!

WhipperSnapper likes this.
  14. It's... Subversive?!

15. I haven't had time to listen, but I just read Spin's review and damn, they tore the album and the band shreds.

Is it really that bad?

16. It has three or four standouts, but it´s their worst work ever, and this coming from a optimistic fan

ElectricKnight, glorydays and JonBcn like this.
  17. I love all their previous albums but this new one is a joke.

Bad production, cheesy embarrassing lyrics.....some of the vocals are not pleasing...seems like they wanted to make a 'fun' album and just made a very bad one. You wouldn't even think it was the same band that released Funeral.

18. They're doing SNL on March 17th. I don't really understand why but okay.

Robert likes this.
  19. A short film starring Toni Collette titled ‘Money + Love’ is being released on Friday.

It is directed by David Wilson who directed the ‘We Exist’ video.

The band explains that Money + Love “opens in the aftermath of Arcade Fire’s 360-degree deal with global media and e-commerce platform Everything Now” and will feature a story that unfolds over the course of full performances of tracks Put Your Money on Me and We Don’t Deserve Love.

Robert likes this.