Armenia 2018 - buffoonery, riggery and straight-up tomfoolery | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Armenia 2018 - buffoonery, riggery and straight-up tomfoolery

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by constantino, Jan 19, 2018.

1. The Armenian national selection Depi Evratesil is back for 2018, but with a very exciting format change. This change is very simple - rather than simply imitating The Voice to select the artist to represent Armenia at the Eurovision, this year the contestants will be competing with their Eurovision entry already written, produced and chosen.

The contest can now be compared to the internationally followed and popular Melodi Grand Prix (Norway), Melodifestivalen (Sweden) and Eesti Laul (Estonia). The difference? The calibre is far higher. I honestly love or like most of the 20 songs, but here are my highlights:

Armenian Adrijana (@Island):

Super pretty, one of the better ballads from the national selections:

Iveta Mukuchyan does Sigala:

This has absolutely NO right to pop off this much, Despacito found muerto!

Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, shit on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it:

Armenia always come to play and I honestly believe that they have a win in them, and that they deserve a win. Europe better watch out.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. Dear Armenia,

Please send Asmik to Eurovision

kthanxbye

Rooneyboy likes this.
  3. A&E

A&E

Poison (A Wig, A Wig) is easily the best song of the bunch (and most distinctive too). Polished and current without sacrificing personality. Slaymar Godprelian!

What I want to know is how apparently no one noticed "Angel" is just sis Artsvik wearing glasses.

Dddd I wanna know what you were thinking of while writing this that made you write Slovenia.

4. [​IMG]

Good GOD.

Island, KingBruno, Up N Down and 4 others like this.
  5. They’re continuing to serve bops and I couldn’t be happier. All of their potential entries sound at the very least good.

constantino likes this.
  6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apparently, Asmik is more popular in Armenia, but Tamar is more popular with international fans...but it seems that any of the top 3 could take it. Then again, the OGAE flopped when predicting the results for Eurovision last year so who knows...

7. Armenia was my second fave last year so perhaps I should check some of these out...
    [​IMG]

Island, phily693 and constantino like this.
  8. Dddd that one point difference has me shooketh

constantino likes this.
  9. Can't wait to see which song Christer Björkman inevitably decides to try and sabotage with his jury votes like he did at the French final.

[​IMG]

Island, Rhombus, phily693 and 4 others like this.
  10. So the infamously difficult-to-impress Wiwi jury gave Poison (Ari Ari) 8.75/10, the highest of any track this year - talent! [​IMG]

However, this comment has me shooketh, girls:
    [​IMG]

Kuhleezi, Island, Rhombus and 3 others like this.
  11. What kind of Azerbaijan teas.

12. Semi allocations are out, finally!

Semi Final 1 - Monday 19th Feb
    Gevorg Harutyunyan
    Angel
    Lusine Mardanyan
    Zhanna Davtyan
    Mger Armenia
    Nemra
    Hayk Kasparov
    Tamar Kaprelian
    Robert Koloyan
    Gata Band

Semi Final 2 - Wednesday 22nd Feb
    Maria's Secret
    Arman Mesropyan
    Kamil Show
    Suren Poghosyan
    Amaliya Margaryan
    AlternatiV
    Tyom
    Sevak Khanagyan
    Mariam
    Asmik Shiroyan

Whew, and they're serving budget with this promo:

@NecessaryVoodoo I'm gonna need a gif of Tamar at 0.08 xx

13. What is Maria's Secret....?
    [​IMG]

constantino and Monkey0 like this.
  14. [​IMG]

15. *adjusts bang*

16. I hope queen makes an appearance at either the semi's or the grand final.

[​IMG]

Kuhleezi, Island, Up N Down and 3 others like this.
  17. Tamar recently performed an acoustic version of Poison and it low-key sIays

[​IMG]

NecessaryVoodoo and A&E like this.
  18. In case you're interested in watching the first semi final, it begins tonight at 6.15 GMT and will be streaming on the Depi Evratesil official youtube channel.

I have plans tonight which I may well cancel, but most of the good acts are in semi 2 on Thursday anyway so we'll see. I'll post the stream link either way.

19. I'm ready.
    [​IMG]