Arrested Development (The TV Show) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrested Development (The TV Show)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by cleggar, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Does anybody else love this as much as I do? I go on forums and often post about this and usually get 1 or 2 replies. So I may as well try here.

Honestly, it was one of the best programmes on TV. I still nearly cry laughing watching episodes. The one with the jet pack and Tobias dressed as a mole had me on the floor. I did actually cry laughing with that one.

It was brilliantly unique and so unlike anything else that's been on TV. And it got cancelled after 3 series! Disgusting!

Any fans?

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Count me in.. started watching it cause I knew Portia from Ally, but this comedy was even funnier! I miss their chicken-dances!!

3. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Moderator

Count yourself lucky you got three series. My favourite comedy at the moment, The Comeback, got cancelled after one!

4. Yeah I suppose that's true. But don't ruin my fun.

The Chicken Dances were great. That episode where they all do them and all look equally stupid, is just brilliant.

And Hot Ham Water!! 'Hmmm..it's so watery, but with a smack of ham'.

5. Charley

Charley Moderator

"... and Buster, can't you do that on the balcony?!"

6. justabluefox

justabluefox Guest

This was such a good show!

I loved the lawyer Bob Loblaw! He even had his own blog, Bob Loblaw's Law Blog!

This was a good show, it's a shame it got cancelled.

7. A movie is now almost definitely happening. Only Michael Cera is holding out...

8. justabluefox

justabluefox Guest

I don't know why he is holding out, that's like biting the hand that fed you! He was great as George Michael. I hope the movie is just as good as the tv show!

Another favorite moment of mine was that doctor who was very literal. when he said
    Dr.- "Buster is going to be all right"
    The Family-"Finally, some good news from this guy"
    Dr. "You are taking this very well"
    The Family- "What"
    Dr.-"He lost his left hand so he is going to be all right"

9. That Doctor character was hilarious. I love the third time they met him and Michael was like 'Let him finish!'

I think Michael Cera might be a bit wary as he is basically the only relatively successful member of the cast. Juno and Superbad have increased his profile quite a bit. But hopefully he will change his mind.

10. Mr F was genius. I loved all the ways it would pop up in the most random ways.

11. justabluefox

justabluefox Guest

I forgot about Mr F!

I also loved how Tobias was a never-nude and had those cut-off denim shorts and when he became the maid for the family, Mrs. Featherbottom, like Mrs. Doubtfire.

This really was a great show! I hope they all do the movie!

12. I've been watching two episodes a day for what seems like the last six months. Genius.

GM Sr.: "I don't have time for your tricks Gob"
    Gob: "It's an illusion! You don't have time for my illusions!"

It's great how the series ended with Ron Howard saying "I don't see it as a TV show. Perhaps a movie?".

Steve Holt!

13. Mole. Tiny Town.

Need I say any more?

14. justabluefox

justabluefox Guest

HAHA! I always forget how funny a lot of their stuff was, thank you for reminding me.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R1DEnfzxNwA

It's just a short clip (30 seconds) of the song "For British Eyes Only/ Mr. F" being played by the actual band some place. it put a smile on my face

15. kdr

kdr

I loved this show! We saw blue man group after seeing Tobias do his thang!

16. That whole Mrs Featherbottom thing was GENIUS! I loved the voice over: 'It was the exact plot of the movie Mrs Doubtfire'.

17. I actually dreamt the first few minutes of an episode the other night. It was the one where Gob pitches selling the blueprints to the Columbians at the board meeting.

Michael: We're not allowed to do any overseas business whilst we're under investigation.
    Gob: Sure we are, I'll just head down old Colombia way and speak to the Mexicans.
    M: Eh, I think they're called Colombians.
    G: Sorry, I forgot we were being "politically correct".

I was also reminded of another great bit recently.

Lindsay: You two weren't even speaking towards the end of your marriage.
    Michael: A lot of that was down to the coma.
    Lindsay: Yeah, I've heard your side of the story.

I can see myself being disappointed by the movie though.

18. 'Solid As Iraq'. Another genius bit.

OH!! George Bluth's funeral with Buster dressed as that stripper. And the casket thing.

19. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I also loved Maeby planning on becoming a christian:

Maeby: "Were can I get one of those necklaces with a little 't' on it?"
    Michael: "It's a cross."
    Maeby: "Across from where?"