Arrested Development (The TV Show) | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrested Development (The TV Show)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by cleggar, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Well this'll likely get me to finally watch Season 4.

Mikl C and LPMA like this.
  2. Season 4 wasn't nearly as bad as the flack it got; it was just very different. I actually rewatched it a few months ago and laughed pretty consistently. Certain episodes were a slog (the George Sr. episodes) and they would have benefited from timing each episode down by a few minutes, but some of the running gags are iconic ("A new start"/ANUSTART) and there are plenty of laughs. It was basically one super long intro to the Avengers where it took 15 episodes to catch up with the family before finally getting to the catalyst that would get them back together. I'm definitely excited to see it recut and finally get season 5.

LP, diamondliam, DoggySwami and 2 others like this.
  3. So it's a 22-episode season and it looks like they actually deleted the original season 4 from Netflix.

4. Apparently it’s now hidden under the ‘extras and trailers’ section.

VicePresidentJocasta likes this.
  5. But what of season 5? How did they solve a problem like Jeffrey Tambor?

I never did finish season 4, and now I don't know if I should finish the original before the remix. 2018 is wild.

LP likes this.
  6. The season had wrapped filming before those allegations broke, I believe. So I think he'll be as present as ever in the series.

7. Oh, yeah, I knew that, I just meant the release of it - for a second there I thought they were stalling or maybe even considering canning the whole thing. This remix business feels like a delay tactic, but I see season 5 is coming "real soon".

8. Variety is reporting the new season is supposed to appear later this month, as well as Jeffrey Tambor's inclusion.

Dennis likes this.
  9. Wait, I don't know what I'm 'liking' there exactly. That I have been updated, I guess.

Mvnl and truman like this.
  10. I’ve started the remix and it’s so much better, it’s crazy how improved they managed to make it.

lushLuck and stopthestatic like this.
  11. Yea, giving us 23-minute episodes rather than 50+ minutes & mixing the storylines makes it all 10x more enjoyable. It's making me so excited to get a season with all of them together again.

Glenolabar and LPMA like this.
  12. Season 5 goes live on May 29.

LP, BEST FICTION, Robbietoxic and 3 others like this.
  13. This didn’t look great.

Stopremix likes this.
  14. Buster's new hand actually made me choke. It's terrifying.

LPMA likes this.
  15. I'm going in without expecting anything, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Trailer looked okay, actually!

lushLuck likes this.
  16. They barely showed anything substantial so I’m still cautiously optimistic.

lushLuck likes this.
  17. The trailer actually makes me want to watch all the previous seasons again.

18. I'm hopeful that after all this time they'd have to be pretty sure on the material to want to do it again.

In other news, I've started on the season 4 remix and it's a significant improvement so far.

19. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator