Arrested Development (The TV Show) | Page 18 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrested Development (The TV Show)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by cleggar, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Jason Bateman is still dad.

2. Season 4 decimated my hunger for any more, but I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

3. You should definitely check out the remix!

4. Everyone deserves a ANUSTART.

5. I'm going to start the remix soon - I never quite finished series 4 so hopefully this will just make it seem like less of a chore and more something I want to do.

lushLuck likes this.
  6. The difference the remix makes is STAGGERING.

berserkboi, lushLuck and LPMA like this.
  7. Kyle Mooney and Frances Conroy are guesting in season 5.

Also I have the first 5 episodes and am going to start them tonight.

Robbietoxic, lushLuck and LPMA like this.
  8. Please report back!

9. Officially, I am still waiting for Netflix to send the screeners.

IT'S SO GOOD! Episode 1 is very much a 25-minute recap/catch-up with lots of (great) jokes but as soon as the ball gets rolling, it's just like seasons 1 - 3. Each of the first 5 episodes gets progressively funnier. I'm so mad that I had to stop at 5. This is the perfect binge, with tons of long-running gags and several serialized storylines. Having the family all together again is amazing and it's very much focused on them in the first 5.

10. Did they even say how many episodes the season would have?

11. I believe it's 17.

12. Ugh. They're splitting it in two.

lushLuck and Mvnl like this.
  13. I actually think staggering it will allow me to appreciate the episodes on their own more without trying to race through them.

14. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Yeah I kinda hate how binging shows usually makes me race through them (like I got no time for anything else till I'm done) only to feel like 'was that all?' once I'm done.
    Mind, 8 20-minute episodes like material to get through in one night.

lushLuck likes this.
  15. I started re-watching Seasons 1-3 recently to watch Season 4 for the first time and even the (allegedly) "better" remixed version isn't impressing me.

Cosimo and Mvnl like this.
  16. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I personally am more of a fan of the original season 4.
    It had a bit of delayed gratification with a lot of building up before pay-off, but to me that was quite clever and worked better than the remix where Ron needs to narrate every 3 seconds to make sense of what's happening.

17. I'm starting the same. I am now at season 3. I slowed down from binge rewatching the first two seasons, so I am now slowly working my way through season 3. The original season 4 upon my first time viewing was a chore, so I am going to watch the remix and maybe compare before starting season 5. But going by your impressions, my hopes for the remix aren't that high. My hopes for the new season though...

18. I read somewhere that apparently Portia Di Rossi has retired from acting, therefore she is only in 5 episodes? No. Please, no.