Artists who had an even bigger hit rehashing an old one | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Artists who had an even bigger hit rehashing an old one

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by AcerBenII, Nov 11, 2017.

1. S Club 7 Alive after Don't Stop Movin'

JMRGBY88 and DirtyMonkey like this.
  2. Legendary

phoenix123 likes this.
  3. Alive was so bad looking back.

I also kind of think One Step Closer is a Don't Stop Movin' template kind of song, except One Step is better.

Joanie and Rooneyboy like this.
  4. First single (huuuuuge in Europe)

Second single

Rooneyboy likes this.
  5. Oh another one I just remembered. No Mercy had that massive hit "where do you go" and then the follow up "please go" sounded identical.

6. And Where Do You Go was already a carbon copy of their cover of Missing

ohnoitisnathan likes this.
  7. That was me. In my country, this version played more often than the Saturday Night 2.0 one.

8. [​IMG]

snoho and Terminus like this.
  9. You guys are rubbish at this. There are millions of examples of artists unsuccessfully ripping off previous hits. That's not what I asked for.

Charley, Joanie, Booers and 3 others like this.
  10. Does Madonna's double whammy of La Isla Bonita/Who's That Girl count?

11. Well, arguably, All The Lovers is better known than I Believe In You, which was still a sizeable hit for her.

12. I never thought of this. I do think however that Ray Of Light, Amazing, Beautiful Stranger and I'm A Sinner are too much alike.

Future Lover likes this.
  13. In a slight way maybe the Vengaboys? The Vengabus was a bit of a rehash of Up & Down just with more words. And the Boom Boom Boom Boom was a rehash of the Vengabus.

Generally its the dance acts who like to rehash their previous works but the dance acts would always suffer from the law of diminishing returns which is against the initial question of the thread.

14. Yes, good example. They kept improving the formula until they perfected it with Boom.

15. I love them both but basically rehashes of each other.

UnionJackMix likes this.
  16. After flopping a few times with previous singles, The Supremes struck gold with 'Where Did Our Love Go'.

They clearly stuck to the formula for 'Baby Love' - but this one was a much bigger hit both in the USA and around the world.

Joanie likes this.
  17. Not a bigger hit, but C + C Music Factory's 'Here We Go' is virtually identical to 'Gonna Make You Sweat', minus the Martha Wash vocals.

18. Agree with this!

~Paul~ likes this.