Avril Lavigne - 6th Album (2017) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avril Lavigne - 6th Album (2017)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Posted on her Instagram -

[​IMG]

2. I have a feeling this is going to be boring.

alanmr and Chris_P like this.
  3. "This will reflect in my new music, artistry, life"

*music video of Avril in Converse and pink tutu headbanging while teenage boys skateboard around her*

alanmr, aniraz, snoho and 33 others like this.
  4. A mix of the more "serious" tracks of her last 2 albums would be great. Push is still such a bop.

5. Give You What You Like is INCREDIBLE, so more of that would be welcomed. Wish You Were Here was pretty good as well. I'm not sure if I'd be here for a bopless Avril album, though.

6. BML

BML

I'm always down for a new Avril album I can cherry pick three tracks off of.

7. @DJHazey

Girl. You have taste picking my two top faves. And yes bring the bop, but make it a Don't Tell Me/My Happy Ending kind of one.

Anyway. I am perched and ready for 2017 bringing it!

alanmr, DJHazey and Noir like this.
  8. A true Canadian Horror Story.

junglefish and Cathal like this.
  9. RihannaWellDontCome.jpeg

---

Of course I'm ecstatic about this, looking for more info as we get closer. I'm totally down for Goodbye Lullaby 2.0, but know I'm in the minority there. Her heartfelt 'slower' songs are always amazing to me but you know she'll have bops too. Though I think the converses will be left in the closet this time, but you never know with her because she's so young at heart. However, alot of the self-titled was written when she was younger. I would be surprised if she pulls from that material this time (if she even has any left). As I write all this I'm getting more and more excited. I could honestly talk about her all day without pause.

10. I didn't know that! I don't like self-titled because it feels like a step back from Goodbye Lullaby, but at least now it makes sense.

DJHazey likes this.
  11. To be fair, Avril's more 'serious' moments are always her best. 'I'm With You', 'When You're Gone', 'Wish You Were Here', 'My Happy Ending' are all amazing. I hope she can make something which reaches the heights of her best material from the past.

I just remembered how much of a fucking brilliant song 'Hot' is too.

alanmr, supersoon, DJHazey and 4 others like this.
  12. just bring something as good as Rock n Roll and we're set.

13. To be honest I'll buy anything she wants to release. I'm here for them juvenile bops and those moody ballads.

Anticonformity, Mack and WarmBlood11 like this.
  14. I will buy everything she releases too.

Mack likes this.
  15. I'm looking forward to this. I've enjoyed all her albums for different reasons, and feel whatever direction she takes she'll give it her best shot.

Mack likes this.
  16. I love her! Hope the new music is more mature, like Give You What You Like.

17. Avril was one of the first artists I ever got into, and I'm glad she Benjamin Button'd her career because The Best Damn Thing pretty much made my 2007, but I would quite like her to find a way to find a middle-ground between the more 'mature' moments of her albums and the super-cheesy pop stuff.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  18. My issue with Avril is that I enjoyed her first few albums, but I wouldn't particularly enjoy them within the 2016/2017 spectrum.

She has got to find potential singles that work now if she hopes to have any current or future success.

Petty Mayonnaise likes this.
  19. Just remembered that I love 'Bad Girl' and don't feel any shame about it.

kaleidoscope likes this.
  20. This x 5

And this x 5

Okay, thank you. x

alanmr, sexercise, DJHazey and 3 others like this.