Bananarama - General Discussion / 2013 Reissue Discussion | Page 275 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bananarama - General Discussion / 2013 Reissue Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Fish Finger, May 31, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

2. Where is the excerpt from?

3. Mike Stock Mel & Kim website interview.

bichard likes this.
  4. I think most of the 'rams setlists now focus on their stuff with Shuv anyway rather than career retrospectives, so it wouldn't be so hard to get a set together that suits them all. If they really wanted to stretch it, they could do a joint Bananarama/Shakespear's sister tour and have the duo do their post 88 tracks to start, SS mid set and the finale all their 80s classics.

davearama and Vasilios like this.
  5. They should do a tour as a quartet. Now that I'd pay to see.

6. Jacqui could also be the 'Marcella', give her something more to do than just 3 or 4 songs.

Vasilios, idratherjack and bichard like this.
  7. Could Dame Jacquie hit the high notes on Stay? I'd love to see her try!

davearama and bichard like this.
  8. She stands a better chance than Shuv!

davearama, lob0to and idratherjack like this.
  9. Bring Marcella too and Shakespears Sister can be the support act.

bichard and idratherjack like this.
  10. What prompted the inclusion of The Greatest Hits Collection in iTunes' New Music promotion today?

[​IMG]

As for these reunion stories... I'd imagine it would only be for a couple of shows? If at all. I don't think Keren and Sara would want to return to a trio at this late stage? It only really reinforces that they're "missing something" when it's over again. But nothing is out of the question with pop music, I guess.

Venoose likes this.
  11. It looks like it's been re-released by Rhino today. It's popped up in Spotify new releases too.
    So it could be just a random release or it could be strategic planning of an impending comeback! There is definitely some sort of back catalogue deal between BMG and Warners, so anything is possible.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  12. It is saying released 14th April 2017 on iTunes. The review is rather scathing!

13. I don't know why but I do have a feeling the original trio will reunite this year. To me with all of the other 80s big players having had a successful if not ever lasting reunion, the girls would be crazy not to. As we have seen they are still friends, and with a solid back catalogue like theirs would be amazing to see them altogether one last time. As they approach 60 it really is last chance saloon for this to happen....... Let's wait and see but I'm all for it.

14. That made me laugh out loud. I would LOVE for Siobhan and Jacquie to do a duet.

15. Surely 'Looking for Someone' is mastered and ready to go by now? Give us a single ladies!

davearama likes this.
  16. I think they've got something much bigger than that planned! Fingers crossed!

17. Sara and Keren have said a few times in the last few years that they are open to working with Siobhan, and Siobhan feels the same.

BUT.....

They also said all 3 keep changing their minds, so who knows!

Siobhan has not been doing her own music for the last several years except that one off collaboration with Titan 'Hell.A' (and she does like money...)

18. I really didn't like that song, especially some of the lyrics.

Hopefully! I think it is really now or never.

Venoose likes this.

19. Just saw Sara's daughter is being interviewed in this magazine - she better spill some dirt on the Bananas or there'll be trouble.

Venoose likes this.
  20. Get ready........

It's happening.....

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 5:35 PM