Bananarama - General Discussion / Reunion Discussion | Page 470 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bananarama - General Discussion / Reunion Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Fish Finger, May 31, 2012.

1. Whoever put the Live Album into their iTunes & submitted its genre to the Grace Note database as "Alternative" needs a visit to Doctor Love (& pronto)!

idratherjack likes this.
  2. Every Bananarama album appears in iTunes as "Alternative". It has always annoyed me too when they should quite clearly be "Pop"! Not that I can be bothered changing it.

WhatKindOfKylie? and Joanie like this.
  3. They came from punk. I approve of 'alternative' for Bananarama.

Humanracin and Pink Frost like this.
  4. Indeed, always find it annoying! WOW! and Pop Life, are especially far from "Alternative".

idratherjack and Joanie like this.
  5. I like the panelled artwork with the fish/ bird motivs present & correct. It adds to the authenticity of the product. The white song titles (in black boxes, on the back) is not unlike that of Madonna's "American Life". Nana Edit 1.jpg Nana Edit 2.jpg Nana Edit 3.jpg

6. @man.tis.shrimp needs to chill

7. I don't quite get the artwork....

[​IMG]
    The 3 birds are obviously Sara, Keren and Siobhan, but who is the bottom dwelling fish supposed to represent?

8. Jacquie, obviously.

chris4862, biffy77, hownee and 13 others like this.
  9. I’ve listened to the tour audio non stop all weekend. It Ain’t What You Do....really is special. Love the arrangement and vocals.

Joanie and Kirkland like this.
  10. Has anyone seen or read any interviews of the ladies post tour? I would love
    to hear their stories/recollections of their experiences especially from
    Siobhan.

Joanie likes this.
  11. I'm sure most of you ladies and gentlemen have seen this but I hadn't. Interesting video. Cool song.
    Siobhan's gorgeous, as usual/always.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Kirkland, Humanracin, Ray Ban and 3 others like this.
  12. Given all the reissues and the box set, two questions for the hardcore,

Is there anything not on cd now?
    And were there Pettibone mixes of Ready or Not and have they been issued yet?

13. Selected Tracks from this (you will be able to identify what ones).

+ The David Bowie “Changes” Cover & the original ‘83 demo of “Cruel Summer” that features the deleted line “Who can I find while I’m trapped here inside these four walls?”

There is a sound issue on “Scarlett (Extended Version)” 5:19 - on the First Disc of “True Confessions” & it can’t be re-sourced digitally from elsewhere. (The same Digital Transfer was later repeated on the “In A Bunch” Box Set).

“The Pettibone And Forrest” Mix of “Ready or Not” (in it’s separate 12” Extended & Dub Forms, can be sourced from TC Disc 2).

The Original Jolley & Swain 12” Mix can be sourced from the “Megarama” Remix Anthology.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  14. Thank you.

Joanie likes this.
  15. What is the sound issue?

16. Severe compression.

17. Love this, thank you!

Joanie likes this.
  18. There is a never published shorter version (3:53) of Too Much Of A Good Thing included in a demo tape of True Confessions (1986) before Venus and More Than Physical were included in this album.

http://bananarama.co.uk/disco/album...2a5e930c15b7=def3e8bb0ccf7498b70b4aee39841c8d

Joanie likes this.
  19. The Amazon U.S. Version of the manufactured on demand “Now Or Never” E.P. CDr - has dropped from it’s six year average price point of £27.50 to only £9.93.

The back sleeve is plain (unlike the U.K. Edition with ‘Feet’ Artwork), it is a rare & unexpected opportunity to purchase this 4 Track E.P. In lossless quality at such a low price.

This price drop may be connected to a general rise in demand for product Stateside, stemming from Advance U.S. Tour Promotion.

Price history factored in, the Amazon algorithm is unlikely to remain this low forever.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    davearama likes this.
  20. They signed their back catalogue for me on the tour and when I gave the Now or Never CD popped up they were like 'was this released on a CD?' - i thought Keren was going to nick it lol