Best of 2017... Year End | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best of 2017... Year End

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by NecessaryVoodoo, Nov 14, 2017 at 8:09 PM.

1. [​IMG]

I know, I know... it's only mid-November but what the hell! Blogs, music sites and magazines will begin publishing their 'best of's' very shortly (Rough Trade have already done so, congrats Aldous Harding!) so it's never too early to set up this thread which you can use to talk about and post your lists of your favourite albums, songs, EPs etc. of the year. There's still albums to come by the likes of Paloma, Björk, Loreen, U2, Morrissey, Alexander Armstrong, Anton Du Beke(?!) and Matt Terry but pending any surprise drops, your lists will probably already be taking shape.

If you want to look back at the mid-year thread, that's here.​

2. Um. Ah. Well.

So there's two albums that I really want to put on my list, which is already under construction. But... I don't know. I'm scared that even naming them right now is going to cause some backlash from you guys. Damn anxiety.

3. Uno

Uno

Steps for best single & album.

popknark2 likes this.
  4. I don't want to sound like a motivational speaker here but honestly you shouldn't give a shit about what other people think. And most of the time people here are just having a laugh when they drag your opinions, so just drag them back sis.

Ironheade likes this.
  5. Speaking as someone who also struggles with anxiety, sometimes it's not that easy.

gagapourgaga likes this.
  6. I know, I don't mind that. But it's not about people's opinions of the album, it's about the artists in question. Do you mind if I shoot you a PM to discuss this further?

7. Ah I see, yeah of course.

Ironheade likes this.
  8. Yeah, I usually post a pic of recent vinyl purchases in the vinyljustice thread. Science Fiction came through my mailbox last week, don't think I'll be mentioning it.

9. Mine's changed so much since the mid-year thread... I think I'll wait until December 1st to make mine PJ official.

10. I'm waiting on Tove Lo, Bjork
    and Baths before finalising the list, but I've actually started doing the vague order and writing lil blurbs for the top 20.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 11:51 PM
  11. Thanks, it's been sent.

Anyway, back on topic: Bjork, Chris Stapleton and Morbid Angel are the big ones I'm waiting on. So that probably means waiting till about the 4th or 5th of December to post my list. I think I'll make a singles list too this year, there's quite a lot I want to bring up there.

12. My averages are St. Vincent at #1 with 8.64/10, SZA at #2 with 8.52/10, and Lorde at #3 with 8.3/10

constantino likes this.
  13. Anyone's 2017 singles list that does not include this song will be noted as incorrect and homophobic.

sfmartin, TRAVVV, constantino and 2 others like this.
  14. I'm waiting on Paloma and Loreen and Red Velvet to see if they'll trouble my top 10.

On for my albums list, these will definitely be in the top 10 (in no order):

George Maple - Lover
    Kelela - Take Me Apart
    Lana del Rey - Lust for Life
    Lorde - Melodrama
    St. Vincent - Masseduction
    Zola Jesus - Okovi

Albums fighting for a spot in my top 10:
    BETSY - BETSY
    Charli XCX - Number One Angel
    Cupcakke - Queen Elizabitch
    Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa
    Goldfrapp - Silver Eye
    Julien Baker - Turn On the Lights
    Niia - I
    Taylor Swift - Reputation
    Vera Blue - Perennial

If I fall in love with Paloma and Loreen's albums, I'm positive they'll be contenders for top 10 placement but most of it is already set in stone.

If I were to include EPs, Rina and Adrijana's would definitely be in the mix.

15. I will definitely wait for 5 December so I can find out if U2 is going to top my disappointments of the year list.

TRAVVV likes this.
  16. Album:
    Lorde - Melodrama

Singles:
    Miley Cyrus - Malibu
    Justin Bieber/BloodPop - Friends
    Rita Ora - Your Song
    Drake - Passionfruit
    Lorde - Perfect Places
    Rita Ora - Anywhere
    Selena Gomez - Bad Liar
    Dua Lipa - New Rules
    Lorde - Green Light
    SOPHIE - It's Okay To Cry

TRAVVV likes this.
  17. I mean is there any point in y’all doing lists now since Blue Lips and RIDE are out in the next two weeks?

TRAVVV and constantino like this.
  18. Not going to try ranking yet, but here's what is definitely in contention as of now:

Albums/EPs

Paramore - After Laughter
    Bebe Rexha - All Your Fault Pt. 1
    Allie X - CollXtion II
    Sara Sangfelt - Cool My Soul
    Descendants 2 Soundtrack
    Fifth Harmony - Fifth Harmony
    Smile.DK - Forever
    Michelle Branch - Hopeless Romantic
    Elsa & Emilie - Kill Your Darlings
    Lana Del Rey - Lust For Life
    Shania Twain - Now
    Charli XCX - Number 1 Angel
    Lea Michele - Places
    Taylor Swift - reputation
    Lights - Skin & Earth
    Aly & AJ - Ten Years EP
    Camila Cabello - The Hurting. The Healing. The Loving. (2017) (2018)
    Una Healy - The Waiting Game
    Katy Perry - Witness

Songs

Bebe Rexha - Gateway Drug
    Tove Lo - Disco Tits
    Allie X - Downtown
    Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut to the Feeling
    Sofia Carson - Chillin' Like a Villain
    Selena Gomez - Fetish
    Fifth Harmony - Don't Say You Love Me
    Smile.DK - Within a Fantasy
    Inna - Gimme Gimme
    Mollie King - Hair Down
    Josefine Myrberg - Head Over Heels
    Elsa & Emilie - Chains of Promises
    Charli XCX - ILY2
    Skylar Stecker - Only Want You
    Lea Michele - Love Is Alive
    Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It
    Lights - Magnetic Field
    Aly & AJ - Take Me
    Aly & AJ - Promises
    Lady Gaga - The Cure
    Camila Cabello - Crying in the Club
    Camila Cabello - Havana
    Nelly Furtado - Cold Hard Truth
    Katy Perry - Swish Swish
    Katy Perry - Deja Vu

Sprockrooster likes this.
  19. I always love these threads so i can check out music that i may have missed this year.

Sprockrooster and DJHazey like this.
  20. Still waiting for Blue Lips and Utopia to finalize my list, but whew it's been a strong year for albums.

Slice of Life and Island like this.