Beyoncé - General Discussion | Page 183 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beyoncé - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by bryan89, Dec 6, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

Vixen, Wishlight, RainOnFire and 27 others like this.
  2. I can’t imagine living without I Miss You, Haunted, Mine, Dont Hurt Yourself, etc...why deprive yourself of perfection?

Maria and nikkysan like this.
  3. I feel like we'll never get any collegiate merch because all of it, including the dancer's costumes (I assume), was custom Balmain.
    "Smash Into You" was one of my favorite tracks off I Am... It should've been a single over "Broken-Hearted Girl." Actually any of the remaining I Am... tracks would've been a better single choice than "Broken-Hearted Girl."

ALEX, sesita, Maria and 2 others like this.
  4. I constantly forget Broken-Hearted Girl was ever a single.

5. I love Jon McLaughlin in all his pretty white boy with guitar piano glory so I will always revel in Smash Into You's basic-ness.

6. Coachella is one my most preferred places to die, so I’d totally have been down.

7. Beating My Heart still highkey goes all the way off.

aaronhansome likes this.
  8. Arrhythmia is a dancer.

Sam de Jour, R92 and Andy French like this.
  9. How great is 4 though? I listened to it in full for the first time in ages today and it's aged incredibly. The decision to not go with whatever trend was happening at that moment really paid off in the end.

P
    arty is one of her most underrated and best songs teebs

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  10. The Yaeji set was my favourite though

[​IMG]

lushLuck and elektroxx like this.
  11. I’ve watched the show 3 times and the sheer expression of joy everyone on stage displays during Get Me Bodied gets me every time. It just looks so fun. And then she brings out Solange for a beautiful sibling moment. And THEN she ties the whole thing together by saying she thought of this show while getting ready to bring twins into the world. I mean, what an absolutely incredible woman. I’m going to go watch it again.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  12. B’Day
    Beyoncé
    Lemonade
    Dangerously in Love
    I Am Sasha Fierce

I love Lemonade but it’s similar to Ray of Light to me in a way that the overall concept stuck so well and they are rightly acclaimed, but I don’t find myself going back to the music as much as the others. Resentment hits home to me more than any song on Lemonade.

justFurio likes this.
  13. My Beyonce album rankings

Lemonade
    Beyonce

14. Lemonade
    Beyoncé
    B'Day
    Dangerously in Love
    I Am... Sasha Fierce

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  15. Lemonade
    Beyoncé
    B'Day/4
    Dangerously in Love
    Sasha Fierce

I honestly can't decide between 4 and B'Day. Both are fantastic in their own ways. That said, self-titled and Lemonade are rightfully the ones that will be remembered and be featured on "Best albums of all time" lists for the rest of time. Lemonade is arguably the most important album released this decade, possibly even the most important one this side of 2000.

nooniebao, Synthline, R92 and 5 others like this.
  16. OK but why is 'Party' so underrated?

That is my jam right there.

[​IMG]

What a song. Easily in my top 20 Beyonce tracks.

17. Beyoncé
    Lemonade
    B'Day
    I Am... Sasha Fierce
    Dangerously in Love

4 and Lemonade are pretty much on a par but I find myself going back to the former more often so it has a slight edge. Sasha Fierce is actually an alright album and dull as it is, I'd rather sit through that than the patchy debut.

18. "Party" is one of her best singles. What a jam.

19. BEYONCE and Lemonade are more or less on par for me as her best, it just depends on what I prefer at the time. BEYONCE is just a tour de force of slickly produced pop and R&B, it still sounds fresh nearly five years later, and there still isn't another album that sounds like it. Lemonade fuses together so many different genres and sounds yet it all sounds cohesive, it's an album that's meant to played in order.

20. 1. That GIF. Poor Michelle.

2. It's quite telling that a fantastic jam like Party is just in her top 20. It would literally be top 5 or 3 with most R'n'B artists I like otherwise.

3. I'm on such a Bey high.