BLΛƆKPIИK | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BLΛƆKPIИK

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by 3Xs, Aug 13, 2016.

1. 3Xs

3Xs

[​IMG]

Officially the biggest global debut in K-Pop history, YG Entertainment's new girl group BLACKPINK has taken the industry by storm in less than a week, already breaking records and demonstrating the public and global K-Pop fans' thirst for a new generation of Hallyu leaders.

Are BLACKPINK in your area yet? Don't worry, they'll be in the backwater swamp where you live soon enough, but for now, let's get to know this fascinating, talented, and global new group!

[​IMG]

BLACKPINK is YG's first girl group in 7 years, consisting of four global members who hail from South Korea, New Zealand, Australia and Thailand. The group debuted with the the double single "Boombayah" / "Whistle" from the EP Square One, released worldwide on August 8, 2016.

MEMBERS

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

DISCOGRAPHY

[​IMG]
    Square One
    Released: 2016/08/08

1. Hwiparam (휘파람; Whistle)

2. BOOMBAYAH (붐바야)

Charts:
    #1 South Korea (Hwiparam)
    #7 South Korea (BOOMBAYAH)
    #1 US World Digital Songs (BOOMBAYAH)
    #2 US World Digital Songs (Hwiparam)
    #1 iTunes Worldwide
    #1 iTunes USA

[​IMG]
    Square Two
    Released: 2016/11/01

1. Buljangnan (불장난; Playing with Fire)

2. STAY

Charts:
    #3 South Korea (Buljangnan)
    #10 South Korea (STAY)
    #2 US World Albums
    #1 US World Digital Songs (Buljangnan)
    #4 US World Digital Songs (STAY)
    #92 Canada Hot 100 (Buljangnan)
    #81 Japan Hot 100 (Buljangnan)

SALT ZONE
    • First K-Pop artist in history to reach #1 on WW and US iTunes album chart
    • Only third artist in history to score all-kill with debut single; first in 6 years (since Miss A)
    • Biggest K-Pop debut on YouTube; 3 million views in 24 hours for BOOMBAYAH/Whistle
    • 10 million+ views for BOOMBAYAH and Whistle in less than a week
    • "Whistle" used during the Olympics, further cementing global status

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  2. [​IMG]

Just kidding, I'm listening to Boombayah (>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Whistle) right now.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    roux and D is for Danger! like this.
  3. [​IMG]

There's bits of each song that are amazing (especially the guitar section of Whistle) but then another section is a damn mess.

Squashua and D is for Danger! like this.
  4. I love them so much. My new instant fave.

Screaming at the Salt Zone!

5. I'm still trying to locate my pussy after it flew off halfway through Boombayah. Most exciting group of 2016 by a mile.

6. Their first live performances!!

7. If you find it, let me know. Mine'll be with it.

Slice of Life, R92, _hazzie_ and 3 others like this.
  8. Not that impressed with their debut stage. A bit sloppy but they clearly have potential. Lisa >>>>>

Seger likes this.
  9. R92

R92

Lisa and Rosé are unbelievable. Well, they all are, but those two especially catch my eye. If this is them at debut, it'll be amazing to see where they'll be in the next few years.

Blayke likes this.
  10. I've been listening to Whistle non-stop since it came out. Seriously challenging High Heels and Free Somebody as my go to Summer Kpop track and its been out a week. Impact.

My friends are definitely more interested in them than other kpop groups. At pre-drinks yesterday they asked for "that booyah song," so I think they've got something good.

3Xs likes this.
  11. That Boombayah perf was ace. The girls have a great interaction. They brought the bop needed. Good vocals. My only regret is that they really feel like a replacement for 2NE1, they could have tried something new. But whatever.

12. My two absolute favourites in equal measure. I hope they make a subunit one day.
    I've come around to BLACKPINK and let them dominate me. In fact it only took one day.

Salami and 3Xs like this.
  13. I can't believe this was Rose all along!

14. Fantastic debut stages. Lisa was brilliant, the sets were brilliant to, they're getting all the budget. Sorry CL.

15. Lisa definitely has it.

But hopefully she doesn't eventually squander that it doing coke with Diplo and Jeremy Scott and not releasing worthwhile music.

16. I don't usually check out kpop, but the music videos for Boombayah and Whistle are so cool, I'm watching them nonstop.

Noir, Slice of Life and 3Xs like this.
  17. I just discovered this because Grimes included it on a playlist for Dazed. It's fantastic.