BLΛƆKPIИK | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BLΛƆKPIИK

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by 3Xs, Aug 13, 2016.

1. I mean As If I Could Be Bothered It's Your Last is kinda lazy/by-numbers as far as YG singles go, even if it's just a "single for the fans". I can't imagine they'd do more than they have to with a Japanese re-release when Twice didn't and they actually have three Japanese members...

junglefish and Cotton Park like this.
  2. Someone just told me that their Japanese EP is going to be their previous songs with no new songs. @He you won.

He likes this.
  3. He

He

I'm not happy I did!

Alouder98 likes this.
  4. They won first place on Inkigayo!

I kinda teared up with them as well. They seem to be under a lot of pressure to do well because, you know, YG artists are supposed to do well. I hope they just enjoy this era and just perform free from pressure. The Mamamoo girls are so sweet too. Bless them.

R92, Deja-Boo, ThisIsRogue and 2 others like this.
  5. He

He

Hadn't they won before though?

They're quite popular.

6. They had. It is their first win with As If... . Their sixth overall. And they would have more if they participated in all of music shows.

Slice of Life likes this.
  7. Just wanted to drop in and say that I just discovered Blackpink two weeks ago and now I'm hooked. "Boombayah" snatched my weave and made me watch its MV 10,000 times and now I can't stop admiring the charisma and power and talent of this group. How do they stack up with other current girl groups in K-Pop (who for some reason haven't been able to enthrall me as much)?

Also, this video of Lisa singing Ariana's "Into You" legit slayed my soul:

Sanctuary, Ceir, 3Xs and 2 others like this.
  8. I see you @Deja-Boo unnie! Are you slowly warming up to BLACKPINK? Come join me here. xoxo

Deja-Boo likes this.
  9. ddd I think I've been converted finally. I tried keeping a distance despite bopping to their singles last year (because honestly, if in 2017 you still get attached to YG groups you've got nobody to blame but yourself when they get to the inevitable heartbreak of delayed comebacks), but there's something about As If It's Your Last that takes me back to peak 2NE1 like, I can literally hear exactly where Bom, CL, Dara and Minzy would've had their lines and it makes me so nostalgic. 2NE1 were the first group I ever stanned for and I even started Kpop as a YG stan, so...yeah.

As If It's Your Last is amazing, the live stages are great, Lisa and Jennie in particular are superstars (and now I remember how excited I was for the new group after hearing Jennie feature on GD's Black in 2013), I love Rose's vocal tone, and I'm sure they'll evolve into their own unique sound and image soon enough. For now they're still rookies and hell, 2NE1 rejects are still better than most Kpop, so sign me up.

MarlonBrando86, McQueer, R92 and 2 others like this.
  10. Poor Jisoo.

Deja-Boo and Alouder98 like this.
  11. YATH TO ALL OF THIS UNNIE~~~

I agree about your take on As If It's Your Last. That chorus has Bom written all over it. That's probably why I'm one of the biggest defenders of the song dddddddddddd.

Deja-Boo, ThisIsRogue and He like this.