Boy Group Debut Singles Rate || ★ 4 DAYS LEFT TO VOTE ★ | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boy Group Debut Singles Rate || ★ 4 DAYS LEFT TO VOTE ★

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by karmarisma, Oct 16, 2017.

1. They would've been my top 2. Even if they aged horribly.

2. There were PLENTY of good girl-group debuts last time (that were admittedly floptastic & only I really liked Ddddd).

#JusticeforWonderland'sSealSlap
    #JusticeforELVISELVIS
    #JusticeforV-I-C-T-ORYGurrrlsYEH
    #JusticeforFURGETAHBOUTITTTT

3. Announcing Fire as the winner of my rate was probably my lowest point in this forum.

4. You just tanked Zoidberg in the Futurama rate.

R92, Slice of Life, Sanctuary and 4 others like this.
  5. 4.5/10

Empty Shoebox and karmarisma like this.
  6. Me trying to stay as unbiased as possible (for now)

[​IMG]

Also Supa Dupa Diva is a bop and you all should be ashamed

7. [​IMG]

8. I also think there's a newbie boom happening that girl groups haven't caught onto yet, probably due to some combination of boy groups seeming like a more solid investment to companies and the expansion of Western interest in boy groups. Hopefully 2018 is to girl groups what 2017 was to boy groups.

The most successful 'current generation' girl groups are a group who debuted over 3 years ago (RV), TWICE who are divisive due to their success, and Blackpink, who are like part-time models. I mean, how disproportionate the number of boy groups debuted in 2017 is to the girls is super obvious. (There's several 10s that aren't included in this rate simply due to debuting after it got started, which is the kind of swiftness companies are debuting boy groups with.)

TWICE dominating in a stagnant girl group scene + nostalgia probably worked in older groups' favor. Plus, I think if MILK, SES, Baby Vox, etc. had been included in the girl group rate, they probably would have tanked too.

karmarisma and Alouder98 like this.
  9. Oh. Yeah. This might be fun. I'll see if I can do this.

karmarisma likes this.
  10. I might actually do this! The thing is, my tolerance for sub-par bordering on shit girl groups is MUCH higher than my tolerance for even average boy groups.

Let me embrace my rate villain role.

[​IMG]

Sanctuary, Squashua and karmarisma like this.
  11. [​IMG]
    I wasn't here for the girl group rate so I'm going to stay blissfully ignorant and assume that CLC won with Pepe because they deserved that win. Thank you all for supporting them!

R92, Slice of Life, Monkey0 and 5 others like this.
  12. @BEST FICTION please do something about this.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    R92, Slice of Life, He and 5 others like this.
  13. I feel the same way about Pepe...but I'm so sorry for our loss :((

[​IMG]

I may just set aside a prize for villainest of you villains

BUT YAY MORE PEOPLE JOINING! THANK YOU SO MUCH ♡

14. [​IMG]

15. I take it back, 2ne1 and SNSD fighting!

[​IMG]

16. [​IMG]

McQueer, R92, Slice of Life and 12 others like this.
  17. dlfjfzkdjfj
    OH MY GOD.

18. [​IMG]

btw I like Pepe and agree that it deserved to get farther
    [​IMG]

19. [​IMG]

Cheshires fighting!