Britney Spears - Glory | Page 3498 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Britney Spears - Glory

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Saturdays4Eva, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Mood Ring is great, but do we really need another single where she isn't singing it all?

Unfinished song, Japanese bonus track status deserved.

2. She did an e-mail interview for Bangkok press, most relevant questions:

- We've seen you as a judge on the American version of X Factor. Are you planning to do it again anytime soon?
    I enjoyed my time on X Factor, but no, I don’t have plans to do anything like it again.

- How's working on the next album going? Any chance it will be released this year
    I’m constantly working on music, but no plans to release anything this year.

- Can you name one artist/band who's on your collaboration wishlist?
    Beyonce. She’s so fierce and her music is amazing.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/lifestyle/interview/1271555/hit-me-baby-for-the-first-time-.

I don't think anybody expected new music this year, but we have confirmation now.

Modeblock and QueenB like this.
  3. I do wish she'd hop on a one-off summer single like basically every other pop girl who isn't on an album cycle (and even those who are), but I'm glad that B10 will be a while off. She needs to wrap up the residency and then decide her next move; whether that be going over to Caesars Palace with a new show or hitting the road with a full tour.

HolyWater likes this.
  4. I don't think I am ready for the madness that is a pre-Britney album era anyway.

5. The X Factor shade in that answer. What a time that was, what a time.

6. There's a good chance a quick follow-up would just be Glory 2.0 with less quality songs I'd say. Give it time and find people Britney WANTS to work and who make a possible spark in her a wildfire.

7. Over the weekend I went on a road trip with some friends and played "Change Your Mind" for them for the first time and they absolutely loved it. They were all like "why didn't she release it as a single!?"

So many missed opportunities with Glory, such a shame. But I'm glad to hear that she's been working on new music. B10 for 2018.

italktoomuch likes this.
  8. B10 for 2018, around the time of the Baby One More Time's 20th anniversary, sounds perfect to me

9. (not) Here for her X(X).

10. Did those friends happen to be gay?

11. What would that have to do with anything? If being gay invalidates opinions on pop stars than this entire forum is a useless pile of rubbish.

Ray likes this.
  12. You can take a deep breath now. It just doesn't seem like the kind of song that would have much appeal outside her fanbase.

Saycsar Fleurima and budhi.malu like this.
  13. Yup, but they didn't know Glory existed.

Saycsar Fleurima and Up N Down like this.
  14. I have a lot of non-gay friends who listened and liked Change Your Mind

QueenB and italktoomuch like this.
  15. I can tell you for a fact that straight guys (and girls), who aren't Britney fans, love the song. I went to a house party on Saturday and the song got played a few times and everyone started bopping hard when that bass kicked in. I've seen people bop to it at the gym as well. It's a good song.

QueenB likes this.
  16. Change Your Mind is played at gyms?? Why do I never come across things like that.

lushLuck likes this.
  17. I've heard invitation at an Italian restaurant once and recently Just Like Me in a taxi. Glory works in mysterious ways
    But why did my taxi driver pretend this was his first time hearing a deep album track of Britney's 9th album?

18. Outside of gay clubs and friends houses/cars, I haven't really heard any Glory tracks aside from Make Me. Strangely (and annoyingly) enough I used to hear Britney Jean (Tik Tik Boom, It Should Be Easy, Til it's Gone, Body Ache) everywhere, especially at the gym.

lushLuck and HolyWater like this.
  19. Is her moving over to Caesars a legitimate rumour? I read it a few months back but was wondering if there was something concrete it was attached too.

20. Larry said that, basically, this residency is over and anything is possible after that. I imagine she'll be back in Vegas by 2019 or so, and I'm sure most venues will be offering big bucks. Caesars is just one of many options.