Calvin Harris - Funk Wav Bounces Vol 1. | Page 79 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calvin Harris - Funk Wav Bounces Vol 1.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Apr 27, 2016.

1. His new stuff is fairly boring lounge music isnt it?

Charmander and bess marvin like this.
  2. RJF

RJF

Yeah, I'm not hearing the inspired reinvention everyone else is hearing with this or "Slide". I mean, well done for moving on from 2012 donks, but the new direction is boring instead of dated and basic so I'm not really sure what the master plan is. "Heatstroke" doesn't even really come together properly. It's like four different parts simply existing next to one another.

3. Vintage avatar?

4. RJF

RJF

No it's Madonna who is Vintage

[​IMG]

bess marvin likes this.
  5. I'll wait for the next single... album... something.

This is Slide's ugly sister.

6. I can't even imagine what kind of person listens to Slide and thinks "boring".

Sorry that it doesn't attack you with a big pop girl chorus.

7. Yeah, I agree with @RJF. The new tracks are fucking boring, which is made all the worse when the talent at his disposal this go around and the fact that he seems to want to shake things up should be leading to something really exciting.

that boy is a monster likes this.
  8. Not every song has to be Into You or Run Away With Me to be exciting to this forum.

Slide is cute, Heatstroke is not. Are both a change of pace for Calvin? Sure. Does that make them exciting? No.

9. You're not exactly catering to innovation with Pharrell Williams on a track.

mindtrappa likes this.
  10. I tried listening to this twice and couldn't be bothered to get to the end when I realized Ari wasn't going to swoop in and rescue us with a boppable chorus. (unpopular opinion alert) Give me the album with Hype and My Way please.

selectual likes this.
  11. RJF

RJF

This post is dumb and wrong.

12. I can't understand how you find these tracks boring. A case of not knowing what good music is I guess.

13. Yeah! I only listen to REAL MUSIC

like....

uh,

CALVIN HARRIS

2014, Jwentz, Txetxu and 10 others like this.
  14. I love Slide, this not so much, but Slide took a few listens to hit me so I'm confident this might do the same.

Mikal likes this.
  15. A new low has been achieved.

Petty Mayonnaise and Eel_Ssab like this.
  16. It doesn't have to have a big pop girl chorus, no song does to be somewhat interesting. Slide isn't all that great, a nice filler track if anything.

17. I like this, it's so smooth.

18. Yes, thinking his other songs are better than this is a new low.

19. Fixed.

I still miss his glory days. He was such a great producer on his first two albums. Commercial success ruined his ear for great tunes. Both Slide and Heatstroke are sub-par. But that's not to say that 18 Months and Motion were good (they had their moments though - Bounce and Pray To God are amazing even today)

20. How did we get from megabop My Way to offensively boring Heatstroke in a mere half-year?