Camila Cabello - Camila (Debut Album & Singles Discussion) | Page 209 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camila Cabello - Camila (Debut Album & Singles Discussion)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Oct 14, 2016.

?

Was going solo at this time a good idea?

Poll closed May 16, 2017.
  1. Yes, she's gonna KILL it!

11.8%
  2. She'll flop harder than Nicole Scherzinger.

42.9%
  3. She'll have a few top 10s and then fizzle out.

45.3%
  1. Never Be The Same sounds pretty amazing, but I'm not sure if it's the right single to follow up Havana with?

2. This isn't a CD single you look at once and then put on a shelf, we end up watching artwork way more now due to streaming. So... why not have it be good.

3. As much as I adore Never Be The Same, I'm not sure it's the right choice for the next single. I hope I am proven wrong but I just kind of thought they may have another track with Spanish
    Agreed. I felt she should carry on with the Spanish influenced songs as it felt authentic to her and made her stand out.

4. I mean I get that, but unless it's egregiously bad (which it often isn't) I don't really see the big deal. The majority of the time I'm listening to music is while I'm doing something else which means my iTunes is in the background so I'm not staring at the artwork all the time.

The only time artwork has genuinely bothered me and I've changed it is the absolutely awful original Dangerous Woman cover. Otherwise, the most reaction I can muster to the majority of ""bad"" artwork that's gotten dragged on Popjustice is a resounding "meh".

Maybe I have low standards ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. Never Be The Same will be the Underneath Your Clothes to Havana's Whenever, Wherever.

6. Inside Out sounded like a pure pop bop. I wanted that as single 2.

Stella93 and Jesus Jugs like this.
  7. I'd love more songs in the vein of Havana from Camila, but I can see why it's better left alone as a one-off for the time being. Following up such a big single with something that sounds too similar would be risky, especially so early in her career.

mseilenga likes this.
  8. Never be the Same will probably be a flop on the charts but this is Camila truly being an artist. She' said this is her fave song she wrote and was very behind picking it to be the single. It might do well in the UK but I find it hard to believe it will have impact in the urban scene/streaming world of the USA

9. Cover is gorgeous.
    I'm not sure this is the right way to go for a single either, but I think it will depend on the studio production. That high whispered pre-chorus is a touch Selena and there are hints in the live performance of some vocal manipulation and production quirks that might make it more stream-friendly and 'boppy'. Certainly without the live drums it could sound completely different. And the chorus is catchy. I love the song.
    She will have to ditch the guitar for any performances though.

Florencia. likes this.
  10. Not sure if I'm feeling it, it sounds like a Taylor Swift song...

11. She knows how to serve face on her covers.

12. Wow. Sounds like a bop!

Whyamievenhere likes this.
  13. Huh, she plays guitar during her sets? We love a true musician! Whew.

14. RMK

RMK

I like it, but her foot looks like a third hand.

Mushroom likes this.
  15. Why? She's used it in all her performances of the song so far.

16. Let's hope so, or else it'll just be the "Pretend" to her "2 On."

mseilenga, Lando and lushLuck like this.
  17. SMG

SMG

Arctic Monkeys tea.

18. Havana is a legitimate worldwide hit though...

Jesus Jugs likes this.
  19. I actually think it's kinda commendable that they aren't going the predictable route and releasing another single in the vein of Havana just yet, plus Never Be The Same sounds incredible from what we've heard.

Whyamievenhere and Florencia. like this.