Camila Cabello - Camila (Debut Album & Singles Discussion) | Page 210 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camila Cabello - Camila (Debut Album & Singles Discussion)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Oct 14, 2016.

?

Was going solo at this time a good idea?

Poll closed May 16, 2017.
  1. Yes, she's gonna KILL it!

11.8%
  2. She'll flop harder than Nicole Scherzinger.

42.9%
  3. She'll have a few top 10s and then fizzle out.

45.3%
  1. [​IMG]

2. I think I'm gonna enjoy the album, but I also think I would have enjoyed it even more if someone else was singing the bops. I got used to her voice, but it's still grating like cat claws on chalkboard.

3. Pop fans have an adverse reaction to guitars. Ask Madonna.

4. Never Be The Same is nice but honestly could've done with being a bop. Good luck hitting that higher register live sis.

Blob likes this.
  5. There's also a radio edit on Spotify.

6. She'll be fine.

7. Camila sis.....

1. Never Be the Same

2. Track 2

3. Track 3

4. Havana

5. Track 5

6. Track 6

7. Real Friends

8. Track 8

9. Track 9

10. Track 10

11. Never Be the Same (Radio Edit)

Heaven on Earth and Florencia. like this.
  8. We've waited nearly a year for this album... for 9 tracks and a radio edit? Camila...

9. I think the Radio Edit is #11. I don't hear any differences between the two versions and they are also the same length

10. Just 7 new songs. Welp.

11. So I take it OMG isn't on the album then?

Heaven on Earth and elektricblue like this.
  12. Praying there's a deluxe version with more songs!

13. No OMG, Crying in the Club or I Have Questions then.

14. I find something very funny about the fact she re-recorded a radio edit for Never Be The Same just to remove the heroin and morphine references.

15. The cover art this era has been simple but fab since they ditched the awful aesthetic chosen for I Have Questions and Crying.

Album cover is good/arresting, the Havana/OMG single covers were a nice and direct use of that side profile. It's all...appealing.

New songs are nice! I can't wait to use this all through the cold bleak Scottish winter.

EDIT: OMG and I Have Questions should be on the album but ok.

mseilenga and Subspace88 like this.
  16. Never Be The Same, sis, what kind of hellium induced lucid dream? Real Friends is okay, but kinda boring.

And she could've chucked all the other songs released before at the end as well, so the abum wouldn't look as barebones as it is.

17. "Omg" @ #OMG being left off. Girl bye. And why is there a radio edit of a new song, presumable
    future single aside, when they could've put Crying In the Club as a bonus to squeeze in some extra sales. Choices.