Camila Cabello - Camila (Debut Album & Singles Discussion) | Page 212 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camila Cabello - Camila (Debut Album & Singles Discussion)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Oct 14, 2016.

?

Was going solo at this time a good idea?

Poll closed May 16, 2017.
  1. Yes, she's gonna KILL it!

11.8%
  2. She'll flop harder than Nicole Scherzinger.

42.9%
  3. She'll have a few top 10s and then fizzle out.

45.3%
  1. Camila girl wyd? I'm pissed. After ALL THE MONEY thrown at you, we get a Love Yourself retread and that horrible Bad Things falsetto?

Heaven on Earth, mseilenga and Ferk like this.
  2. How many albums is her contract with Epic for?

3. Awww, Real Friends is cute. It's not amazing, but it's a cute track

Whyamievenhere likes this.
  4. ddd Real Friends is shit

Ferk likes this.
  5. 2 albums at the very least. Considering 5H owes them 2-3 more albums

sweetlikegrande likes this.
  6. Not including OMG is homophobic.

7. Ok I can’t at her leaving out the Bop that is OMG from the album and including these two new tracks which on the first few listens are not that great !

mseilenga likes this.
  8. Not money being "thrown at" Camila now. Also, like, that falsetto is her voice. I get not liking it but expecting money to change that? And Real Friends really bears no similarity to Love Yourself beside the acoustic guitar...

Whyamievenhere likes this.
  9. Kii. Fair point.

AlteKing and HolyWater like this.
  10. Lmao can I not exaggerate in peace? I don't like these new songs. OMG is better.

11. As @nomoresadsongs said, we can easily add the songs she released previously to a playlist with the new ones once the album is released.
    We even get more songs this way.
    If the album has 10 songs, and the pre-released ones were included, we would have already heard 5 of them.

12. What is the difference between radio edit and album version of NBTS? They sound identical to me

13. I think there's a slight difference in the lyrics? When she says "just like nicotine, heroine, morphine", the radio edit has different lyrics

14. "Heroine, morphine" line in pre-chorus is different in radio edit.

So, I'm a little bit disappointed. I expected at least 12 track album, that was an absolute minimum and I hope that there's some target exclusive + japan/uk edition which will make up to that. I'm not mad about scrapped songs, we still got them in good quality and we can purchase them. But throwing Never Be The Same radio edit as 11th track instead of another new song (or even one of the released ones)? Camila please.

15. ^ thnx for the replies :)

16. Mess. Of course. I'm personally not too fussed on OMG. Solid song but not essential to me. Also, generally, the more new songs the better. The radio edit of Never Be The Same is a head scratcher given that there could easily be a new song in its place, but Epic just has a thing for 10-track albums, I guess.

Florencia. and AlteKing like this.
  17. I need her friends from Republic to snatch her contract from Epic asap.

Florencia. and AlteKing like this.
  18. True, I seriously hope for her sake that they're saving songs for spring/summer 2018 and make sure the album maintains longevity cos these are just...there. I really do not understand the two versions of Never Be The Same either.

I just expected more after the hype from her management and her Billboard cover stories highlighting studio sessions with "heavyweights"

19. Epic serving budget as always. I thought it'd be different with her.

Whyamievenhere and Ferk like this.
  20. Bringing back this post which semi-explains the label situation with both her and 5H.

Florencia. likes this.