Camila Cabello - Camila (Debut Album & Singles Discussion) | Page 213 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camila Cabello - Camila (Debut Album & Singles Discussion)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Oct 14, 2016.

?

Was going solo at this time a good idea?

Poll closed May 16, 2017.
  1. Yes, she's gonna KILL it!

11.8%
  2. She'll flop harder than Nicole Scherzinger.

42.9%
  3. She'll have a few top 10s and then fizzle out.

45.3%
  1. I see.

2. I actually really like both of the new songs. I had heard the live version of Never Be the Same a while back, and that's my favourite of the two. Real Friends seems to be getting a lukewarm response, but I'm actually enjoying the vibe and I think her voice works nicely with it.

I'm not really too fussed about OMG not being on the album, I've only ever listened to it 2 or 3 times, and it's not like she's erasing it from existence. You guys will still be able to listen to it if you want.

Whyamievenhere and Florencia. like this.
  3. I prefer Real Friends.

4. Not her trying to “Put Your Hearts Up” her debut single and her promo tracks. Sis, Crying charted. There’s no way to try and get Havana to be your debut single so you can have your “first ever single” be huge.

Silly to do away with the fact the album could have been Gold upon release with the album of those, but arts not charts I guess.

5. She's released two Put Your Hearts Ups today sis.

Rob, Space Cowboy, AlteKing and 4 others like this.
  6. I can't tell if this is meant to be shady to Camila or not ddd.

7. Only 10 tracks?

Well at least it's less time for her voice to grate on me.

8. Frank Dukes executive produced the album and he is a heavy-weight in 2017.

I feel like some of y'all still think of Max Martin or Stargate when people talk about relevant producers.

9. This is such a good point. If all the previous songs were included, it wouldn't be 7 new songs, it would only be 4-5 new songs and I'm sure people would complain a lot more.

I'm hopeful that this is just the standard version and there will be a deluxe with 2-4 extra songs.

Whyamievenhere and Florencia. like this.
  10. I'm glad she's dumped I Have Questions and Crying in the Club. I don't hate the new songs, they'll probably grow on me the way all her stuff does. She can honestly do what she wants, Havana remains one of the best things I've heard in years.

SuperNerd likes this.
  11. I don’t really mind that the other singles didn’t make the album. We already have them, room for more new tracks, etc.

I do wish Never Be the Same was a bit more guitar-driven like the live version. It lacks a bit of punch in the chorus. The bridge is fantastic.

Real Friends has some nice melodies, and is a decent enough album track.

12. Songs are growing just think she needed something lighter / punchier to build on Havana. Let's see.

popzone likes this.
  13. There's no way Crying in the Club won't be at the very least a bonus track, even if it's just for the certification.

Never Be The Same continues to be everything I wanted, I'm in love with the song.
    And I read that she is the songwriter of Real Friends? It's a cute song

14. She seems to really like Never Be The Same. After the whole label Havana fuck up they're probably just going with whatever she wants to be a single.

Florencia. likes this.
  15. Never Be the Same doesn't sound like the kind of song that is gonna build on Havana's success at all.

Tbh, if these are the best 2 songs to show off the album it's probably gonna be quite shit.

16. These two songs are utter garbage. When she starts on that morphine, hero-eeen riff on NBTS, I wanted to rip my ears off.

And I listen to Sia.

17. I actually think Never Be the Same is a great followup. It works well as a winter single.

MYCAL, bleedingheart80 and Florencia. like this.
  18. Loved Never Be The Same but yeah, that's no hit. But then again, nothing after Havana will be so maybe they'll have something punchier for single #3.

Whyamievenhere likes this.
  19. Real Friends is cute, but Never Be The Same makes me think they need to go back to the drawing board. It's atrocious.

happiestgirl and Ferk like this.
  20. I don't mind the chorus to Never Be the Same but it isn't better than Crying in the Club or OMG. Dumb move to leave them off.

Real Friends is garbage.