Camila Cabello - Camila (Debut Album & Singles Discussion) | Page 214 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camila Cabello - Camila (Debut Album & Singles Discussion)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Oct 14, 2016.

?

Was going solo at this time a good idea?

Poll closed May 16, 2017.
  1. Yes, she's gonna KILL it!

11.8%
  2. She'll flop harder than Nicole Scherzinger.

42.9%
  3. She'll have a few top 10s and then fizzle out.

45.3%
  1. Didn't Camila confirm they'd scrapped it? I still think it will probably pop up on a different version though.

2. I understand leaving off the first two songs but not OMG. Will they take Never Be The Same off the album if it isn't a top 5 hit?

3. I actually like both tracks but 'Havana' came on immediately after on iTunes and... yeah, they're going to need to do a little better even if the latter has set expectations a little too high.

4. My god, her falsetto on Never Be The Same is atrocious. She sounds like a dying cat. Real Friends is tolerable, but give me more bops.

5. It will definitely be tough for her to get another hit anywhere near as big as Havana, at least during this era. I like Never Be the Same but it doesn't sound like a smash. Real Friends is a cute bonus track and I'm shocked they chose it for the album in place of OMG or even I Have Questions.

6. So we waited 6 months to get the same album she had before she was signed solo. Mess.

Ferk and AlteKing like this.
  7. I actually kind of like it? I'd love for her to work with SOPHIE and have her just totally cut up and mess with Camila's vocals.

8. She already has.

9. Never Be the Same is alright, it reminds me of something from Rihanna’s Unapologetic album, but ditching Crying in the Club and OMG for that, no baby no.

10. OMG is trash

CIOB likes this.
  11. OMG, in addition to being a bop, has a fair amount of streams that would lend quite well to SPS. I don't get why she wouldn't just plop it on the album. They're being really dumb. Giving up Crying's 200m streams just for the sake of the """"lead single""""" looking like a hit is idiotic too.

12. Bye, I totally forgot about this. What a moment.

13. I'm just happy I'm getting more than 4 new tracks. They should add the pre-released tracks to a deluxe edition for the SPS certification, that's for sure

Whyamievenhere likes this.
  14. I'm too lazy to figure it out - but what's the difference between the radio edit and album version of Never Be The Same?

15. Have they learned nothing from Zara Larsson? Tack everything onto the tracklisting = streaming hit before anyone hits play.

Ferk likes this.
  16. The "Heroine, morphine" line in pre-chorus is different in radio edit.

xtophermorrison likes this.
  17. I lowkey like OMG more than Havana but I’m shocked she’s culled it. Like it’s already out there whys it matter. She must have been given a 10 track limit surely?

Anyway, these two new ones are dull. Considering she’s harping on about how personal each track is and how they come from a real life place, they’re a little generic. Which is fine it’s pop but making it sound like catharsis in bop form but delivering a tired cliche is... not enough. Never Be The Same is cute. Real Friends is not.

Truly surprised that they haven’t built upon the breezy Cuban sound of Havana. There’s an identity there.

Ferk likes this.
  18. Real Friends sounds like a Selena Gomez song mixed with Justin Bieber and ed Sheeran. I think it could be a hit for her. Never Be The Same is alright too, not my cup of tea but it's cute. But the sooner she stops trying the singer-songwriter aesthetic and embraces herself as a pop girl, the better.

19. Lol. For a heavyweight these sure are mediocre songs. Give me a break.

20. Real Friends is a cute little album track but it's definitely nothing more.

I expected MUCH more from Never Be The Same after seeing the amount of love it had on forums and social media.

I mean, it's not a bad song but it doesn't sound like a big single either. Maybe the more I hear it, I'll think otherwise but I much prefer I Have Questions.