Camila Cabello - Camila (Debut Album & Singles Discussion) | Page 215 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camila Cabello - Camila (Debut Album & Singles Discussion)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Oct 14, 2016.

?

Was going solo at this time a good idea?

Poll closed May 16, 2017.
  1. Yes, she's gonna KILL it!

11.8%
  2. She'll flop harder than Nicole Scherzinger.

42.9%
  3. She'll have a few top 10s and then fizzle out.

45.3%
  1. RJF

RJF

The irony is that "Real Friends" sounds like the kind of thing that makes it one of her favourites on the album. I actually... quite like it? She rides the sparseness well. The other new song is okay too. I mean I was never expecting much even after "Havana", so maybe I'm just being easily pleased.

"Crying In The Club" being omitted seems foolish from a business point of view, but whatever.

2. RJF

RJF

Also, I'm gonna have HEROWEEN bouncing around in my head for... a while.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  3. Wait can someone PLEASE tell me what song the melody of the title line in Never Be The Same is reminding me of? Either way I'm kinda loving it, chill little bop.

4. Never Be the Same is nice but it's very Sabrina Carpenter meets Demi Lovato.

nooniebao likes this.
  5. Poor Sabrina

aniraz, lushLuck and Island like this.
  6. "Never Be the Same" (shades of Julia Michaels in that prechorus) and "Real Friends" are let downs from "Havana". She sounds a million times better than she was with 5H.

A short tracklist bodes well for the album.

7. Real Friends gives me Love Yourself vibe....so maybe it could be a hit?

8. I guess most of her tracks are going to be fast growers with me, Never Be the Same went from meh to stuck in my head after a couple of plays. Real Friends started as and so far has remained a nice album track.

Whyamievenhere and Florencia. like this.
  9. I can see Real Friends actually taking off, seems like the sort of melodramatic message that teen girls would love and hammer. Never Be the Same is decent too, but doesn't really sound like a surefire hit to me.

But I thought OMG would be what took off rather than Havana sooo...

LegoLand2.0 likes this.
  10. Wait, I only just realized these are out already as opposed to being New Zeland early leaks.

Both are pretty good.

Whyamievenhere likes this.
  11. Never Be the Same would be even better as an up-tempo/mid-tempo.

Florencia. likes this.
  12. I love the ridiculously high pitched vocals on Never Be the Same.

Florencia. likes this.
  13. Never Be The Same is very Taylor Swift.

nooniebao likes this.
  14. I wouldn't say so, but at the same time it wouldn't sound out of place on reputation, so maybe you're right.

Charmander likes this.
  15. Same.
    [​IMG]

lushLuck likes this.
  16. I love Never Be The Same. The production of the song makes it effective and melancholic.

“Suddenly I’m on my feet, you’re all I need babe.” She’s just like one of us...

She’s doing the Bangerz route I guess. Serve the catchy first single and then the emoshyuenal ballad for the second. Ignore the rest of the hype tracks released so far but leaving OMG off the album is criminal, homophobic, misogynistic, transphobic etc.

Whyamievenhere likes this.
  17. It's great for everyone involved that she went solo, these high pitched breathy coos on Never Be The Same would literally ruin an otherwise solid 5H track but in context they're somewhat almost endearing. I probably won't listen to it much. Real Friends is that somber breezy over before you know it bop tho.

18. LiK

LiK

I haven't liked anything she's released at all including Havana. The new songs are pretty much the quality output I expect from someone like her, but of the two I think "Real Friends" is the better track?

Her voice is quite annoying on the other song.

19. Song called "Into It" registered.

Produced by Frank Dukes. Also credited: Camila, Ryan Tedder, Justin Tranter, and Lou Bell.

20. Both songs are... fine.

But 'Crying in the Club' and 'OMG' were better. So, that's something.