Camila Cabello - the hurting the healing the loving (Album & Singles Discussion) | Page 97 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camila Cabello - the hurting the healing the loving (Album & Singles Discussion)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Oct 14, 2016.

?

Was going solo at this time a good idea?

Poll closed May 16, 2017.
  1. Yes, she's gonna KILL it!

11.8%
  2. She'll flop harder than Nicole Scherzinger.

42.9%
  3. She'll have a few top 10s and then fizzle out.

45.3%
  1. My only criticism is how she delivers the Genie sample, why is it broken up into ha hoo ha hoo ha's? Is it supposed to sound like crying? She should have delivered it just like Christina.

chasingthepast likes this.
  2. And almost 60k likes. Surely even you can realize that the views are not actualized?
    And it's been discussed in this very same thread that if you type her name or the song YouTube doesn't even show the music video in the results

3. I reckon it wasn't originally intended to be a proper interpolation - more like they accidentally foud themselves ripping it off and they realized afterwards? Are the Genie in a Bottle writers credited on it?

lushLuck likes this.
  4. I don't love it but I do like it. Yes it's derivative and not what I was expecting from her, but considering I was expecting something confessional and pretentious it could have been worse.

5. Looks like Liam won the debut solo single race. He's number 1 on itunes and she's... not.

FrankOnline88 likes this.
  6. I know. Why hasn't it been rectified yet when the roll out was so extra with promo posters on buildings?

7. Twins of same taste

8. I expected to hate this because I think her voice is grating at the best of times... but... I don't?!

9. It was expected. The 1D fanbase actually bought their idols music, unlike the 5H ones

I'm surprised he is #1 though. I thought Selena was

claire_louise likes this.
  10. Wasn't that inevitable, though? Former member of world's most successful boy band vs former member of girl group with two hits to their name isn't exactly a contest.

Edit: @Florencia. beat me to it haha.

Smooth Criminal and Florencia. like this.
  11. She still has a lot of hype around her from her previous collabs and her 5H departure. I thought she would be top 5, but she'll no doubt climb up the chart. She'll have more longevity than Liam though. This month has been jam packed with lead single releases so there is a lot of competition for her.

I'm loving I Have Questions. I have to refrain myself from singing "my body's let's go, but my heart is saying no" every time I hear that Xtina inspired wail.

12. I actually like I Have Questions, but this video is so dull, even if the color palette looks nice.

13. Camila's team fucked up the youtube search on purpose to give her an excuse for her flopping: a conspiracy theory thread

14. All this new music! I can't keep up.

15. Oh I have questions is nice.

16. Nice to see people already jumping through hoops to justify the luke warm reception this is getting, so far.
    Well done.

FrankOnline88 likes this.
  17. Not the biggest fan of the song, but it's cute to see the support from other pop girls.

evilsin, Kuhleezi, Island and 8 others like this.
  18. Charli stanning makes me want to stan, but I don't.

lushLuck likes this.
  19. K94

K94

Ok I think I'm very into this now. I'm also happy that the Genie sample wasn't done terribly.

Island, Alouder98 and Vasilios like this.
  20. 'so happy my fav hobby now has a sound track' SCREAM.
    Never change Charli.

evilsin, Kuhleezi, TRAVVV and 8 others like this.