Cardi B - Invasion of Privacy (Debut Album) | Page 62 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cardi B - Invasion of Privacy (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LA Hallucinations, Jul 23, 2017.

1. I can’t think of anyone else doing “I Like It” and pulling it off as well as Cardi does.

bazayer, Zaacc, mseilenga and 11 others like this.
  2. I'm glad that after the countless snow, spring has finally arrived.

mseilenga likes this.
  3. I Like It is a bop.

I'm listening to Be Careful a lot more after SNL.

4. I'm not sure you could say it's anonymous when it's undeniably Cardi on the song. You might have an argument for basic, but even then I think the sample is pretty genius in its simplicity and she absolutely needed this type of song to crossover internationally. It's her Superbass/Starships but instead of EDM-pop, honing in on the current latin-pop trend instead.

5. It's all so same-ish.

6. You’re right, She Bad sounds exactly like Thru Your Phone. Be Careful and I Like It are absolutely identical and I can’t believe Moneybag and Get Up 10 aren’t the same song!!!

7. Im not sure how basic this song sounds. It manages to sound both organic, modern, light as air and that salsa bass maybe is something you don’t get and never will but whatever.

By the way, after Bartier Cardi I’m getting some major La Lupe vibes from Cardi.

8. Victoria Beckham ha influence

Island, elektroxx and Jacques like this.
  9. James2009 likes this.
  10. Absolutely huge numbers, I'm so happy for her.

11. I'm SO ready for I Like It to be song of the summer for 4 seasons.

Jacques likes this.
  12. Those are fucking huge numbers. Good for her.

13. More interviews

She mentions there are about 5 songs that didn’t make the album in the top video, because everything was being finished last minute, so she might throw them out as a bonus at some point.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  14. Has any pop star ever actually done this?

15. So I finally listened to this and I like Bickenhead, I Like It, Ring, and Thru Your Phone.

Also I just got Spotify! I'm one of the young people!

16. Re-releases are (or were) pretty common, though? Especially if it’s a successful album. On top of that, the hip-hop industry is a lot more “free” than pop.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they hold out on releasing a physical edition until later and include the songs on that.

17. Carly Rae Jepsen is part-Canadian, part-officially released missed-the-album tracks.

munro, wodny, Island and 1 other person like this.