Carly Rae Jepsen - Fourth Album & Singles | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Fourth Album & Singles

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by pop3blow2, Jun 3, 2016.

1. It's time. The rumblings are getting louder... and now, she's in NY 'on her way to the studio'.

'Let's Get Lost' in the rumors of her 4th album!

[​IMG]

2. I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_ at this already.

3. I can't believe the amount of legends that are releasing this year.

Smooth Criminal likes this.
  4. First single in August please.

GimmeWork likes this.
  5. She did say that she wanted something out before the end of the year, no? Let's hope Scotter doesn't fuck it up by trying to force a hit on the public that results in a delayed album because it didn't connect.

unnameable likes this.
  6. I think they'll forget about huge smashes this time and try a more indie approach from the start.

7. Well I'm hoping she continues on with the spiel of "making music not for the charts" that was the impetus for EMOTION. Considering how well she was received critically, I think she should take that to heart. She seems like the sorta gal to appreciate reviews as opposed to sales, so I'm not particularly worried.

8. Is it possible her Interscope contract was finished with EMOTION?

I could imagine her taking a quicker turnaround now releasing on a smaller or her own label and 604 in Canada still I guess.

The best situation for her would be for her to have her own Konichiwa-type deal.

Although I guess this is all speculation at this point. Don't forget they're still pushing Your Type in Canada, and possibly Boy Problems in the UK.

9. Oh my god, Carly on her own indie label Robyn style... Don't edge me more, tricks!

10. And a proper EU tour fucking please.

11. I wouldn't say no, but I'd also be fine if she took a year off to really come up with good new material. She could always actually release "Fever" if she needs a stopgap.

12. She's taken the last year off, she's just been faffing about!

13. I doubt anyone would be able to come up with career-best material while on tour with Hedley least of all Hedley

unnameable and strangekin like this.
  14. I wouldn't mind if the pattern was releasing a pandering quasi hit followed by a brilliant album, it'd keep her name out there.

15. Didn't she say she wanted to go down the "weird pop" route she explored with Warm Blood? Here for it.

16. So fucking perched, I'm so glad I saw the Rae of Light.

Izzie, constantino, 138Prince and 5 others like this.