Carrie Underwood - Cry Pretty, because the album's out in September | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carrie Underwood - Cry Pretty, because the album's out in September

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Voodoo, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Carrie's been working on her sixth album for a while now, it'll be her first under Capitol Nashville.

In the meantime, she has a new song coming out on Friday with Ludacris for the Super Bowl. It's called 'The Champion', and it's HUGE. It's, without a doubt, her 'Fighter'. It's already online so if you want a listen, it should be easy enough to find.

I looked for a sixth album thread, but couldn't find one.

send photo and davidjamesg like this.
  2. Can’t wait for the album, hope it does indeed come this year. It’ll probably be a while though, she’s still recovering from the fall she had, had something like 40 stitches on her face, hope she’s ok.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  3. I am desperate for a new album. Storyteller didn't grab me immediately, but over time it has really worn well.

I didn't know anything about her accident - it sounds horrific? I hope she's OK.

irishlamb likes this.
  4. She seems to be fine, although it looks as though her eyes have changed shape somewhat?

[​IMG]

5. Champion is amazing.

irishlamb likes this.
  6. Yes!!! Is fucking great! I wasn’t expecting much to be honest but it’s really good. Ludacris’ verse is good too!

Sprockrooster likes this.
  7. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

I have to say, I'm a little puzzled at the positive reception it's getting everywhere. I understand that it's not an official single or anything but it feels so beneath Carrie at this point? Like it's terribly written and feels straight out of a Disney Channel movie.

Good on her for getting that Super Bowl coin but I really need this to not be her Rise that leads to a Witness, no ma'am.

8. The cheesiness of The Champion just isn't for me, but I'm always rooting from her, so I'm glad to see the song starting so well, can't wait for her new album

9. Sporting anthems need to die, they're always so cringe-y.

10. Eh, I've never been a fan of her Superbowl or sports related songs. But I loved Storyteller, so bring on album #6.

POPGASM likes this.

11. A basic bop.

bakerboy92 and Smooth Criminal like this.
  12. Thank God you said it. The lyrics are beyond insipid and the melody just... plods along.

Hopefully this makes her some coin, as I'm sure the soccer Moms who loved 'Fight Song' need a new uplifting work-out song, but hopefully we can leave it to rot as a stand-alone single before the album comes along.

RainOnFire likes this.
  13. I... really don't like this.

But bring on the next album!

14. This song is a whole bunch of nothing. Where are the songs about MURDER?

15. This was always gonna be a basic inspirational pop song to get fans pumped up before games. I wouldn’t worry much about it, her album will be great like they always have been!
    That said, I like this for what it is. I kinda hated it on first listen, then loved it but now I’m just finding it kinda middling. It’s not great but not bad either.

16. This is not good at all. The vocal production is awful.

17. Yes, it's cheap, and big anthemic song by the numbers, but she sounds fantastic - predicting a mega Billboard hit for her.

[Fight song, yes exactly]

Sprockrooster likes this.
  18. Oh, that's horrible.

Smooth Criminal likes this.
  19. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

Dddd this debuted at #47 on the Hot 100.

Just to recap, these are her chart peaks since Something In the Water:

Little Toy Guns - #47
    Smoke Break - #43
    Heartbeat - #42
    Church Bells - #43
    Dirty Laundry - #48
    The Champion - #47

Queen of literally being unable to hit the Top 40 anymore.

Rob likes this.
  20. The Champion gets a video