Carrie Underwood - Cry Pretty, because the album's out in September | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carrie Underwood - Cry Pretty, because the album's out in September

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Voodoo, Jan 9, 2018.

1. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

I wasn't expecting anything till Q4, but looks like things are already in motion. I'm ready!

2. I'll love just about anything she puts out for a lead on the back of Smoke Break. In general, I hope she leans more Blown Away than Storyteller this go-around.

More Two Black Cadillacs, please.

Anticonformity and xOJakeXo like this.
  3. Oh damn, new single!?

Please let this be good. I'm dying for her Weight Of These Wings, Taking The Long Way, etc. If country radio won't play her/women, may as well take some risks.

4. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

Here’s to her crushing everything and everyone in sight in the country genre. Six albums in and sorely underrated.

5. This image gives me Kelly - Piece by Piece more than Taking The Long Way/Weight of These Wings. It would...behoove her to have leaned more into those sounds, but I sort of predict a bit of a pop-country mash-up. I love Carrie and country has never been more embraced by the gays so I'm perched but...

bakerboy92 and xOJakeXo like this.
  6. It’s confirmed apparently. Dropping to radio Wednesday and will be on streaming Thursday, I assume?

7. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

Dddd that image is so Piece by Piece, I'm triggered.

"Smoke Break" remains the worst song on Storyteller and her only real misfire of a lead single so I'll remain optimistic. She's pretty much the best Big Pop Girl that isn't an official Big Pop Girl.

8. Not exactly a reliable source, I guess but the title would be fitting.

9. Her post about her "not looking the same" after her accident has me overanalysing every single photo on this page, I can't even lie.

10. Queen of quality control Carrie has a more consistent discography than any of the big pop girls, to be honest.

11. Cackling at that artwork. First thing I also thought was "Oh God no not her Piece By Piece."

Holographic country album incoming.

12. Um. Can this wait a bit. I have not recovered from Kacey yet. If Carrie is coming for wigs as basically always it will be the end of me.

13. Really wasn’t expecting anything from her until late this year/early next year. But fucking delighted! Smoke Break wasn’t the best lead, looking back. But I guess releasing a dud first so it charts high and then the better songs after, can help with chart consistency. It didn’t help that Smoke Break makes zero sense for her. If Miranda had put it out, maybe... but Carrie is a health freak.

14. Giving me 2007 pop girl with potential who never made past the first album, All I Ever Wanted photoshopped Kelly era, Keri Hilson...

I'm perched but not sure I want to be. I want my country RUSTIC AND IN REDS AND BROWNS AND GOLDS RIGHT NOW. Maybe this will give me a kick up the bum. Though her leads are rarely the best things on the album. Like...does anyone ever think of Good Girl when thinking about the Blown Away album? No.

Mirwais Ahmadzaï and ladylloyd like this.
  15. I'm nervous. That looks very early 2000s but not in a good way.

Mirwais Ahmadzaï and bakerboy92 like this.
  16. That must be fan made?

18. Oh Lori McKenna helped write it? I’m shook.