Cathy Dennis | Page 26 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cathy Dennis

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by absintheboy, Jan 9, 2012.

1. You would be best to get the recent 2CD reissue of Dame Cathy's debut, it has the album versions but also all the correct 7" versions of the singles. I remember being shocked (DNA Mix) at how bad the original version of Touch Me (All Night Long) was on my original CD!
    Eric Generic and phoenix123 like this.
  2. That 2CD re-release doesn’t have the short version of Touch Me (All Night Long) that has the chorus that goes “Touch me aw-aw-awaw-all night long” which was track 2 on my original purchase though.

So confused.
  3. I thought it only did that in the 12" mix?

So easy to be confusing indeed!
  4. My original CD definitely had that vocal effect on every chorus. I was shocked (DNA...) when it didn’t do that on the re-release!

How many goddam versions are there?
    Eric Generic and idratherjack like this.
  5. That is the best bit! Now I need that version too.
    Eric Generic and burntoutcar like this.
  6. My version is definitely the 'aw-aw-awaw' version in at exactly 4 minutes.
    Eric Generic likes this.
  7. Eric Generic likes this.
  8. Vasilios and roblognick like this.
  9. Apparently the version I had in the 90s has a 1991 release year on the back, and shows ‘Tracks 1 & 2 co-production & mix by Shep Pettibone for Mastermix Productions’

: \
    Eric Generic and idratherjack like this.
  10. I was listening to Je Ne Sais Pas on my drive home (the video version obviously)

So ee-zee to be confusing

always makes me think of popjustice now!

idratherjack likes this.
  11. I was gutted that I couldn't find the gif of this iconic moment in pop history the other day! It would certainly come in handy round these parts.
    blod and phoenix123 like this.
  12. I hadn't noticed the 7" Mix on the reissue didn't have the aw-aw-aw bit that the 1991 album version has.

I think I prefer it without to be honest.
    burntoutcar and Eric Generic like this.
  13. At least three major versions....1990 EU, 1990 US and 1991 UK. I hadn't considered the 2CD reissue at all, but looking at the (incomplete) tracklisting there's quite a lot on there for 9.99. And let's face it, the price hasn't changed since release so it's unlikely to come down.
    burntoutcar and idratherjack like this.
  14. Cathy was always so awkward in interviews. She looks petrified talking to Oprah at 5:10.
    tylerc904 likes this.
  15. It's a great little set with the long lost D-Mob track That's The Way Of The World included, always loved that one. It's worth the price of admission for all the 12" remixes alone!
    biffy77, phoenix123 and Eric Generic like this.
  16. I had to buy the D-Mob album for that one (and I also found it on a CD-single for £1).
    idratherjack and phoenix123 like this.
  17. I think the biggest drawn for me….actually let's face it I was always going to buy it even if I already had everything elsewhere….but I don't think I had the original All Night Long (Touch Me) before? It's nice to have. It's not a patch on the final mix though. I'm assuming the final mix was the one that was the hit in US?
    idratherjack likes this.
  18. Just checking my iTunes and if I add the new mixes from the US version, I have FOUR different Just Another Dreams alone!

biffy77, idratherjack and burntoutcar like this.
  19. Where's that so easy to be confusing gif?!
  20. I still can't believe the Touch This remix of Touch Me hasn't been released on CD, or the original 12" of JAD.

When Shep remixed the singles, he did various short mixes, like Pop Mix, Radio Mix and Hot Mix. Variations of the three ended up on albums but the US promos are the only source for all of them.