Celebrity Big Brother / Big Brother UK | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celebrity Big Brother / Big Brother UK

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by MYCAL, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Celebrity Big Brother: UK vs USA starting this August!

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Brothers new series "Timebomb" starting this June.

[​IMG]

"Time may be a friend, or an enemy."

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    Rhombus likes this.
  2. The eye's design is very Big Brother Canada 3.

3. 'We're on a timebomb, it might not last long...'

Rhombus likes this.
  4. I wish they'd theme the series and stick with the theme. They always theme the first week / ten days and then just get generic Big Brother.

Secrets and Lies had so much potential but they just forgot about it.

5. Or, or, and hear me out here, what if they just stuck people in a house and filmed them? I'm sick of twists, I just want to see people interacting.

6. OR they stick people in with a time bomb and if they don't crack the code the blow them up.

7. It actually launches on May 12, a Tuesday! Bit of an odd choice.

8. That's the earliest launch since at least the first two series isn't it?

9. I mean, for a first season the whole "strangers living together and interacting" is okay, but in 2015 and after a bunch of seasons this type of shows NEED some twists to stay interesting.

10. Thing about that is - and its the same for pretty much all reality TV shows - whilst this format is generally necessary and prescriptive, you end up reaching a point with all of these things where you end up becoming too ridiculous, and losing the original essence of the show. Such is the nature of this genre of television.

I'm not necessarily saying that Big Brother '''''''spicing it up''''''''' is entirely a bad thing, but caution must be taken.

11. I'd love it if they messed with everyone's body clocks so much that they didn't know whether it was day or night.

12. Legally they can't, they have to have access to outside space for at least a certain time. I'm sure there'd be issues locking them up without windows or without a smoking area(!!!!).

I really want them to do a mind fuck series, where there's never a live crowd except for the opening and final night. Emma talks the house from a studio, Big Brother fakes crowd noise behind her so they can completely fuck with them. They could get the viewers to vote how through the app.

The idea would be to not let them think they have any clue what the public think of them. Failing then faux crowd noise idea. Only talking to thr house from the soundbooth so they get no messages whatsoever would work too.

13. Fuck. Looks like I'll be sitting out this series.
    Pity, last year I got really into it. Although it really didn't pay off in the end when world's worst human Helen won.

14. May 12 is such an early launch, wow. I'm looking forward to it though.

I really hope this year they have less contact with the outside world, and I hope there are more regular nominations instead of constant twists and turns every week.

15. I don't think I can ever watch this shit. again after Helen won.

16. I too think it's possible that Helen may have opened the floodgates for other sociopaths to win.

Rhombus likes this.
  17. Hopefully they won't cast nutters.

18. KAG

KAG

Helen was absolutely vile but I'm still annoyed that Conor was rewarded with 50k despite threatening to rape Deana. I wish Channel 5 weren't so flippant when it comes to bad behaviour.

19. Hahahaha keep dreaming.

20. After not following BB to C5 I found myself SO invested in last years series it wasn't even funny.

The crushing feeling of defeat when Queen Ashleigh lost out to Helen in was gut wrenching. I don't know if I can bring myself to get invested in the show again. . . but I'll probably watch the opening night at least.

Rhombus likes this.