Charli XCX World - Discography Rate [Charli's favorite things #40-38] | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charli XCX World - Discography Rate [Charli's favorite things #40-38]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by digitalkaiser, Mar 7, 2018.

1. I would have given Valentine an 8 if I hadn't been a lazy dumdum and did the rate. Shame.

mseilenga and digitalkaiser like this.
  2. me thinking about how the rest of this rate is gonna go:
    [​IMG]

3. I know I was being extra about Cloud Aura before but Valentine and Velvet Dreaming are like actually the absolute best of early Charli. What is wrong with y’all.

4. Me to my spreadsheet and the next 10 eliminations, a mood board

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. We still have Dance 4 U!!

[​IMG]

Although I'm bummed Hand In The Fire is already gone :(

6. Valentine is a cute mess for a couple of listens, it deserved to go
    However, what are Fancy, the Fadvid Guetta track and other extras still doing here?

digitalkaiser likes this.
  7. Dance 4 U is lowkey the weakest thing on Super Ultra and makes me uncomfortable now. It should’ve gone first

8. I still really like that song, but agreed.

I should have rated it lower, rip.

9. Can you all shut up about Dirty Sexy Money? It’s a fucking bop.

Rem, mseilenga, 2014 and 10 others like this.
  10. I should’ve given Fancy a 0. I was too generous with Charli’s middle 8. Boom Clap can leave at any time but Break The Rules is actually good, it can stay for a little while.

11. Fancy is amazing, I don’t care.

mseilenga, 2014, aniraz and 5 others like this.
  13. stfu ho

14. Of all the songs from Sucker, I hope "Need Ur Luv" and "Doing It" and "Breaking Up" thrive.

15. I’d like Breaking Up to be last survivor of Sucker

mseilenga, blissteria and Cutlery like this.
  16. 'Dance 4 U' is the only track from the mixtape I really give a shit about (still an 8 relative to the rest of her discography, of course).

17. As long as nothing left from True Romance plus Number 1 Angel and Pop 2 remain untouched, this rate is going fine for me.

18. Velvet Dreaming out before a damn Angry Birds song?

19. Sucker is a fine pop album that was simply out-of-left-field for the music Charli had been making up to that point, and its reputation certainly hasn't been helped by the artist herself speaking poorly of it, but as an album it has a solid, cohesive sound and tons of strong pop melodies. I don't think it's controversial to say it's better—purely on a pop level, not artistically—than an experimental mixtape she made as a teenager. There seems to be a non-vocal majority in this rate who voted along those principles.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  20. Super Ultra got a higher average than Sucker from me, but I don’t begrudge the Sucker Stuff still being in, everything got a pretty decent average from me.

mseilenga and digitalkaiser like this.