Charli XCX World - Discography Rate [Now Open!] | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charli XCX World - Discography Rate [Now Open!]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by digitalkaiser, Mar 7, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

I'm semi-joking, some of the songs are good but the whole thing lacks the vision of any of her projects, soz
  2. Also there's a few other tracks I wouldn't mind seeing included (mostly Rollercoaster, it's a 10):

3. That's okay! Like I said, I'm not forcing anyone to rate higher, I will just ask people have some accountability for their scores if they are low.

Sucker is very much an experiment, and I think it wears its Brat Pop/Pop rock influences on its sleeve pretty clearly. The hooks/the vibe all feel in line with what Charli is known for. I think the presentation and her attitude and label fuckery at the time sour the experience quite drastically for people, so it sticks out quite painfully among the rest.
  4. I'll think about these.

What is everyone's thoughts? I'd like to give you guys a chance to rate whatever is appropriate but don't want to open the floodgates to every and all featured song/soundtrack she's been on. My criteria is mostly that she has a great hand in conception/creation, was a hit out of the box, or is a main featured vocalist on the track. I'd also prefer to have it be available officially online.

I can add these ones if you guys would like, but do we have any more? I'd like to try to get this list finalized as soon as possible.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Andy French and Untouchable Ace like this.
  5. ehh just put em in. they are officially released.
  6. I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan at first, but bar Super Ultra, I've listened to every release of hers and been keeping up for years now.
    She's definitely one of the most promising and consistently good of the new-ish pop acts we have.
    I'm in.
    digitalkaiser likes this.
  7. I don't think I'll need to justify my 2 (if I feel generous) for Cloud Aura though, since it's hardly even a Charli track, let alone a good one.
  8. I think to have a true discography rate for an artist, that all singles should be included. If her very first era is not represented then at least her singles should be.
    However Franchesckaar! Emelline and Art Bitch are not readily available, so maybe a nice spotlight later on?

The other 4 songs mentioned in this thread should be included:
    Money (That's What I Want)

The other single that should be included is Lost In Space because she is in the video and half the song is her.
    digitalkaiser and Andy French like this.
  9. No Fun, maybe?

10. Finally have an excuse to really get into pre-Vroom Vroom Charli, so I'm here for this!
    mseilenga, myblood and digitalkaiser like this.
  11. Kingdom is lowkey my favourite Chari XCX track so I would love to rate it, but I also don’t want to make the list unwieldy.
  12. the more songs you add, the more tens i'll have to give
  13. Okay, I think most people would prefer to rate these, so I'll be adding;

Bleachers - Rollercoaster (Feat. Charli XCX)
    Starkey - Lost In Space (Feat. Charli XCX)
    Charli XCX - Kingdom (Feat. Simon Le Bon)
    Charli XCX - Explode
    Charli XCX - No Fun

To the Extra's list!

@Andy French I have also added Money (That's All I Want) and the youtube link to Sucker.

I am a giant Charli fan but admittedly I'm not a super stan who has an encyclopedic knowledge, and I'm also not very good at keeping up with her many releases over the years, so your help has been very much appreciated! This way we can rate the full picture.

Lastly; I had a plan to cover the pre-SuperUltra songs with a couple of posts about that era, so rest assured I'll give them some time. However they wont be rated here.

I have updated the PM list and albums section with these as well as youtube links for them.
    I've added all available songs to the spotify playlist as well, save for a few so check the list guys!
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  14. Exactly.
    In doing it like we're doing this rate, you realise how many stupendous songs Charlotte has accomplished.
  15. We can heat it up to one hundred degrees so hot
    When you kiss me I melt just like plasticine mwah, mwah
    You never bring me down, down, down no, you never
    'Cause we just wanna

16. Oh my god I needed this today
  17. I don’t think I’ve ever had such a hard time picking an 11 like this. How does she have such an impeccable discography?! Truly the queen of quality control.
  18. I’ve had my 11 on lock for years but Unlock It really is that addictive lil ditty. I wouldn’t be mad if it won.
  19. Are we not rating Taxi?
    digitalkaiser and 138Prince like this.
  20. Will I get dragged if my biggest average is for True Romance?