Christina Aguilera - New Album (2019) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christina Aguilera - New Album (2019)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by BEST FICTION, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Xtina has been hinted about her new music since late 2013, when she released her hit collaboration with A Great Big World, Say Something. She's constantly said she's been writing and taking it slow, and has become really inspired in that Since then she's been teasing us with images and small updates.

She's since given birth, and is set to start filming on The Voice on October 26th, which will air in February 2015. With the confirmation that she's returning as a coach on The Voice, she tweeted this:
    [​IMG]

Which obviously confirms new music is coming next year! With her platform on The Voice, I'm thinking we will be hearing news about the first single very early next year, with the album release to follow. And with her "#FireandFun" hashtag, comes more speculation that this could be a possible album title/single title (god I hope not), which was fueled by her resident hair stylist, David Babaii tweeting with the hashtags "#fire #fun".

We don't know much about the music itself, but RCA recently posted looking for producers for 'hip-hop inspired' songs, in the vein of Ain't No Other Man.

DJ Premier also said he's working on songs for Christina, and has previously produced Back in the Day, Still Dirrty & Ain't No Other Man for Back To Basics.

Harmony Samuels was also part of a writing camp which listed Xtina as one of the people they were writing for. He's produced most of Ariana Grande's debut album, and for Fantasia, Kelly Rowland, Michelle Williams etc.

Not sure if it's too soon to make this thread. (if it is, I'm sorry, please close the thread until there's more info moderators!)

send photo likes this.
  2. SO here for DJ Premier and Harmony Samuels. More Back to Basics please.

3. Ready for Fire & Funtina and her 23 track filler-tastic new album.

4. I hope she goes for a hip-hop edge, but we already have 'Ain't No Other Man', let's get music from a different angle.

5. I'd get super excited if I didn't know she takes her time with her albums. This is probably coming out on December 2015 so I'm not getting hyped just yet.

6. I'm under the impression that Xtina's long breaks are normally due to her "creative cave" process, which is basically when she starts writing and figuring out her ideas and inspirations. Because she's already shown she's at the recording stages of the album, and is on The Voice early next year, I can see her releasing sooner rather than later.

send photo likes this.
  7. Wait, so Shakira isn't coming back? But anyways, it should be interesting to see what Christina will do for this album.

8. The longer break between this and Lotus as opposed to Bionic and Lotus already feels more promising.

9. Nope. Xtina, Pharrell, Adam Levine & Blake Shelton will be the coaches of Season 8 starting February.

I'm pretty sure Shakira is pregnant with her second child at the moment.

send photo likes this.
  10. This needs to be out no later than May!

11. She takes too damn long between albums. At least it will probably be 24 tracks to make up for the time away.

12. 'Lotus' grew on me immensely and turned out to be a pretty sound album bar the odd shoddy anomalies (Make The World Move I'm looking at you), so I'm definitely perched and prepared to become pretty parched for this. Give me those bops that I love, Legend.

13. Oh, and forgot to mention her website updated, and changed all the Lotus photos into shots from her shoot for Elle Magazine: http://christinaaguilera.com

send photo likes this.
  14. I'm ready.

15. My one wish above all for this next era is that Christina is actually present and willing to do the work that's needed in order to promote and sell her music, I hope the success she's found as a features artist doesn't cause her to completely give up on the idea of working for a hit.

16. Ready for new music from Christina. Not ready for an album or song with the name "Fire and Fun".

17. I want an eclectic album from Christina. Something like Stripped

18. I direct you to Lotus.

19. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

Has it really been eight years since her last hit? Ain't No Other Man, and then nothing, at least in the U.S. I know she's had some successful features, but that seems to point to pop leaving her behind in the 2000s.

20. I'm excited for this, but I honestly have no idea what to expect. Her voice has changed, her status in the pop culture consciousness isn't the same, and she's had very important life experiences since the last record.

I'd love to hear her embrace the hip-hop sound more, but I hope it's not too heavy on the features and incorporates other genres. Part of me would love to see her go more electronic and trip-hop. That style might suit her inability to hit the same notes she used to. Basically, an album of 12-15 songs with some of them being deliberately restrained with occasional moments of belting would be an interesting new direction for her.