Confidence Man - Bubblegum/Boyfriend (Repeat) | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confidence Man - Bubblegum/Boyfriend (Repeat)

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by backstreetjoe, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Joey Headset, Minorkey and Kirkland like this.
  2. backstreetjoe likes this.
  3. Had these two tracks on repeat. Total bops. Come on peeps!

4. @Vasilios I can't believe you haven't mentioned 'Boyfriend (Repeat)' - it's my top bop at the moment.

Vasilios likes this.
  5. Just discovered them via their St Etienne remix. This is so playful '90s electronica circa Lemon Jelly, Fatboy Slim, Mr. Scruff etc. I need more of this!

backstreetjoe likes this.
  6. I had a telephone call with Miami Horror's singer and we talked about this group.

7. I saw these guys play The Great Escape last week, and they put on a goddamn good show!

8. 'Boyfriend (Repeat)' looks like it might do something for them at last. Desperate for more tunes - these two songs are pop gold.

9. Brilliantly shambolic in an early Bananarama kind of way. The guy has no rhythm whatsoever. Some Deee-Lite isms in there too. I want to see them live now!

10. Performance at Splendour this weekend. Love it!

Fernando34 likes this.
  11. So I just heard about them through NME and I´m confused to why Popjustice has never talked about them, really great!

backstreetjoe likes this.
  12. Better Sit Down Boy is such a banger. Reminds me of Graffiti My Soul and Money.

13. I love this, the vibe of the performance is oustanding.

14. Wow, 'Confidence Man' is indeed very Girls Aloud. Into it.

It reminds me of something Britney would write by herself.

15. I keep returning to these guys when I want some fun pointless pop. I'm very interested to see how their vibe evolves.

16. Better Sit Down Boy is a fucking BOP.

17. I so wanna see them live. An album with these three singles plus seven more just like 'em will do very nicely thank you.