COOCHIE SWELL: The Janet Jackson Discography Rate (RESULTS - #2 & WINNER!) | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COOCHIE SWELL: The Janet Jackson Discography Rate (RESULTS - #2 & WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Apr 4, 2017.

?

Favourite Janet album 1986-2001

1. Control

7 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Rhythm Nation 1814

26 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. janet.

13 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. The Velvet Rope

45 vote(s)
    45.9%
  5. All For You

7 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Just submitted my scores:

Control - 7.333
    Rhythm Nation 1814 - 7.833
    janet. - 6.714
    The Velvet Rope - 7.594
    All For You - 9.231

Welp, that is kinda surprising, although I did expect All For you to be my highest scored. Oh, my commentary is totally basic and unnecessary, but the things that I did mention more than once in it are: Japan, MTV, coming, all the words related to smoothness I could think of, ruminations about the instruments I don't know names of.

GimmeWork and budhi.malu like this.
  2. Is it not too late to send in scores? I'd love to participate! I know Control-All For You off by heart so it shouldn't take long.

3. I love how everyone ignored this.

Remorque, Ray, AshleyKerwin and 2 others like this.
  4. Officially voting closes tomorrow, but if you can get it in over the weekend - I'll accept.

Terminus and nikkysan like this.
  5. Sent. Thank you for allowing me to send in my scores!

Control - 8.45
    Highest: 10 x 2, Lowest: 6 x 2

Rhythm Nation 1814 - 8.57
    Highest: 10 x 3, Lowest: 6 x 1

janet. - 7.08
    Highest: 10 x 2, Lowest: 3 x 1

The Velvet Rope - 9.05
    Highest: 11 x 1, Lowest: 6 x 1

All For You - 7.4
    Highest: 10 x 3, Lowest: 4

janet. has the lowest average for me, and I'm quite surprised by that as I figured All For You was the weakest of these albums (in my mind, it is). janet.'s first half is pretty incredible, but it drops off a bit in the second half with some of those ballads which I'm not too fond of. Velvet Rope having my highest average is no surprise to me, it's one of my all time favourite albums. But all in all every effort has some amazing tracks and I gave them the scores they deserved. I feel I was almost too kind to the point my votes won't have much impact?

6. Just submitted my scores I think All For You got the highest marks as a whole surprisingly

P'NutButter likes this.
  7. Oh my, I calculated Friday 5th + 15 days = May 20th.
    I won't be ready tomorrow when is the next deadline this weekend? Can you give me a specific date and hour UK time please?

8. 2014

2014 Moderator

Oh my God wait for me- should definitely get my results in tomorrow morning! Xxxx

9. VOTING OFFICIALLY CLOSES FRIDAY...

[​IMG]

But results will start on Monday, so you have the weekend to get them in.

10. So Sunday May 21, 23:59 UK time is OK?
    Sorry to nag but I need clear limits, deadlines, to organize, beat the procrastination.

11. Yes, that will be fine. ha

Weslicious and Epic Chocolat like this.
  12. Starting All For You now. Expect my scores in a few hours!

Also - this is my first rate. What kind of commentary do people leave along with their scores?

P'NutButter and evilsin like this.
  13. Commentary is usually just your thoughts on the song, justification for your score if you will. For older tracks I may tell a little story about what it was like being there, because I think it may be interesting to you younger guys (although it probably isn’t kii!)

funkyg and TRAVVV like this.
  14. I need to hurry up and finish this, but the struggle of choosing an 11 is real...

15. Tell us how you wanna get effed while half of her songs are playing in the background.

TRAVVV and P'NutButter like this.
  16. Because of the virus drama I'm still working on the graphics for this thing, so don't be too shocked if the first few results are a little copy + paste with the writing. It'll improve as it goes along he says now...

funkyg, ohdenny, AshleyKerwin and 2 others like this.
  17. Oh bugger. I missed the deadline and I'm away for the night. My scores are done as well so I hope you won't mind a late submission tomorrow night.

18. Excited for this to kick off next week! Seems to be (myself included) that a lot of voters were surprised by their own scores and the albums they thought were their faves they didn't score as highly. This should be interesting!

P'NutButter and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  19. This is gonna be so good! And also hurt too with each amazing loss at the very same time.

P'NutButter likes this.
  20. That's absolutely fine.

With the scores so far the top 20 has a nice variation of all the albums, one song in particular has surprised me with it's popularity.

Markus1981 likes this.