Crazy Ex-Girlfriend | The Popjustice Forum
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Island, Oct 13, 2015.

1. One of the best reviewed new comedies this season. And it's a musical!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    Leopold and aaronhansome like this.
  2. I will be surprised if she lasts the season without going to jail. It's fun and a bit cringe but looks very promising.

Leopold, Mvnl and aaronhansome like this.
  3. How dare you take this from me?

This is what I get for not starting it up and being lazy.

-------------------------------------------------------

Started up by Rachel Bloom, it's about a woman who doesn't feel happy in her life, has nostalgia for her younger years with an old boyfriend, happens to see him one day in New York and moves across the country to eventually get with him. It's described as a musical (not like Smash.) rom com and it looks incredible. I'm going to have to wait until later to see it once the TV's free but I am deeply excited.

This is a song from the show.

And here are other things from her that make me die laughing.

Reviews are here, here, and here

Mvnl and Island like this.
  4. My interest plummeted when I read "musical", but I'll give it a go anyway.

Island and aaronhansome like this.
  5. KAG

KAG

I enjoyed the pilot far more than I thought would. The show is essentially a funnier, cheesier version of Felicity. My only criticism is the dialogue. There's some one liners that definitely made me chuckle, however it's too on-the-nose. As viewers, we gather from Rebecca's actions that she's not happy and that she's moved to West Covina for her crush, we don't need it detailed to us at every corner.

Leopold, aaronhansome and Island like this.
  6. Just finished watching it and I thought it was the best pilot I have seen in a long time. Exactly what I need right now. I have spent the whole summer obsessing over Scream Queens (which I think is getting better each week) and AHS Hotel (which disappointed me in the first episode) and then this comes along which I gave minimal attention too and I thought it was so brilliant.

Leopold and Island like this.
  7. I didn't enjoy this for the same reason I didn't enjoy Bridesmaids: I hate comedies about broken people.

Leopold and Island like this.
  8. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

'What an odd thing to say!'

I think I'm gonna love this show. Coming from the star behind I Steal Pets, how could we not?
    @lauc05

aaronhansome likes this.
  9. That yoga song was amazing.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  10. The songs in it are hilarious, the yoga one and especially the I Kissed A Girl parody.

Island likes this.
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Any fan of the show needs these in their life.

Leopold and aaronhansome like this.
  12. So this happened:

aniraz, Uno, Mvnl and 3 others like this.
  13. I tried the first episode and I enjoyed the plot but the musical part is really rubbish.

14. I greatly disagree.

This show is heartbreaking but also so sweet? But ughhhhh I love all of them.

aniraz likes this.
  15. The music bit is really, really bad.

16. Is anyone else still watching?

The 'I Love My Daughter' song in the last episode was hilarious.

aniraz likes this.
  17. I definitely am! But I am behind! I'm probably gonna have to catch up either tonight or Saturday.

popprincess likes this.
  18. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Still watching it. I adore the neighbour.
    Love how beneath all the absurdities the show has more heart than plenty other shows I've followed. Quite a few of Rebecca's issues actually make sense. The ending of the last episode gave me goosebumps.

popprincess likes this.
  19. I love the neighbour too. Hopefully she is back in the next episode.

20. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I found her little 'I don't wanna label her, I wanna be her friend' bit surprisingly touching, even though I loved how she first handled Rebecca as an object for two episodes.
    Suppose it matches my own feelings about Becs, half the time I think 'haha, you hilarious crazy lady' when there's an equal amount of 'awww..' moments.